Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY SKy+ Install?

Options
  • 19-07-2004 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Anyone here do a DIY Sky Plus Install.

I already have Sky Digital Installed less then 8 months ago, the dish is on the roof and the cable is just lashed and tied to the outside wall where it enters the house at ground level.

I would like to get Sky+ I understand that i will have to replace the LNB with a quad one and this will come with the box, and that i need cable (does this come with the box) I will have to wire these up on the roof.

Then is it just a case of hooking the cables up to the Sky+ box putting in my digicard and calling Sky, or am i better off not being a stingey B and just paying the €75 to have an installer do it.

BTW my last installer took weeks 6+ to come out and didn't hook up the box to the phoneline, although i did this myself.

Comments

Well you can get Sky plus switched on straight away and you will be able to record the channel you watch or use live pause straight away.
    The lnb comes with the box but not the cable-besides not all houses are the same so all cable runs are different, you must get this separately.

Try
    http://www.satellite.ie/
    They are good.

Advertisement