Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Cards & Re-booting digibox

Options
  • 14-07-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I bought an FTV card on e-bay a month or so ago, and since then have been switching cards at least once a day, each time having to completely power down the box.
    This can't be too healthy for a box that up to that had no reason to be powered down at all - I'm wondering has anyone encountered any probs in this area.

ps. I should have said, once or twice recently the box has frozen and powered down itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

you don't have to power down, just go to sky news or some channel common to both, and then swap cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

But don't switch the channel for about 20 secs, otherwise you'l be stuck on the 'Searching for Listings' message for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Don't worry about switching cards I've been doing it for 3 years It has'nt effected the the card yet. What I do purely for confidence is switch to bbc1 before switching cards,

wait about 20 seconds or so and bobs your uncle the channels are there.

Turning your box off can't be healthy just switch to a bbc channel and youll be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a Reality TV (187) man myself, don't like doing it on BBC or Sky News because the Irish version of the channel changes to the UK version. Just a little paranoia on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Thanks everyone for the tip. Now its not such a pain in the arse switching to watch Big Brother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sharkboy

Maybe this might help.

Advertisement