Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An old question i Know!

Options
  • 12-07-2004 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi there all,

Does anyone know why ITV and CH4 can broadcast on srvices like Chorus throughout Ireland but not on Sky?

I always hear the argument that ITV cant broadcast on Sky because of Broadcast rights.

But the fact is ITV are broadcasting to us through Chorus etc! So surely Sky are being unfairly held back!

Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Answer 1:
    Basically the cable companies are using terrestrial overspill. There is an arrangement that allows this. Satellite transmission is more tightly controlled and so must go through a different process.

Answer 2:
    No one knows! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its all down to braodcasting rights. CHORUS have a deal that allows them these channels and I was told it is for 5 years and then it gets reviewed.

gb--

Advertisement