Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Music Channel "B4 It's A Hit"

• 06-07-2004 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

A new music channel from the Chart Show is testing, due to launch later this month. It's called "B4 It's A Hit", and will videos of tracks before their release.

Tests can be found under the name '3781' at 11.426V, 27.5, 2/3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I hope for their own sake they'll do unsigned bands (not that they're likely to have videos made I suppose). One of the more annoying things in recent times is that the airing of videos for months before the single is released on MTV/The Box/etc has passed from rare through commonplace and on to mandatory so that you're thoroughly sick of the song by the time the marketing droids want you to go and pay money for it.

N'e'ertheless, thanks for the advance notice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Is this channel related to the B4U 'Bollywood' channels aimed at the Indian community?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by David Stewart
    Is this channel related to the B4U 'Bollywood' channels aimed at the Indian community?

No. It's just the "txt spk" way of spelling "before".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I hope for their own sake they'll do unsigned bands (not that they're likely to have videos made I suppose).

Not a chance....methinks the sole raison d'etre of this channel will be to flog ringtones. I'm not too sure how the ringtone chart is gonna work, but presumably the hope is that by having todays choons a week before everybody else means you can get the nations 12 year olds to stump up that much earlier as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Can't see this channel lasting too long. With unsigned bands, it'll be major competition for the M-Channel, but if it has signed bands/artists, it won't do much for me, I'll still be watching the other music channels. but only time will tell if it's going to be any good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, as it's from Chart Show TV, I can assume it will be FTA. And you can't have too many free music channels. On a side note, Rapture TV has ceased transmissions. Apperently gonna return on July12 under new ownership. Don't think it'll make much difference who owns it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

wow, we really need more ads for ringtones, I dont see enough when i'm channel surfing... :rolleyes:

Advertisement