Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for this type of cistern?

• 01-11-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello all. My toilet cistern has developed the annoying habit of continuing to run water into the bowl after a single flush. 2-3 pushes of the flush tends to (not always) stop the water running eventually and the cistern then fills as normal.

There's no ends of advice about this type of issue online, but a complicating factor is the access to the cistern itself, and the type of cistern. It is built into a panel in the bathroom wall, which was tiled all round by the builder. Access (for now) is only via the flush button panel which pops off, then the internal button panel unscrews to reveal the innards. It works by air pressed through a couple of tubes, not by a lever / arm. I have uploaded a few pics to show what i mean.

Is this easily fixed at all, i'm at the end of my tether.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

kev23f wrote: »
    Hello all. My toilet cistern has developed the annoying habit of continuing to run water into the bowl after a single flush. 2-3 pushes of the flush tends to (not always) stop the water running eventually and the cistern then fills as normal.

There's no ends of advice about this type of issue online, but a complicating factor is the access to the cistern itself, and the type of cistern. It is built into a panel in the bathroom wall, which was tiled all round by the builder. Access (for now) is only via the flush button panel which pops off, then the internal button panel unscrews to reveal the innards. It works by air pressed through a couple of tubes, not by a lever / arm. I have uploaded a few pics to show what i mean.

Is this easily fixed at all, i'm at the end of my tether.

I came on here looking for advice as I have the exact same problem... wonder do we live in the same estate! I have the same issue with both the master and the en-suite toilets, it causes the pump to constantly run and im at the end of my tether with it. Ive tried fixing it by lubricating the sliding mechanism but it hasnt worked. If anyone has any advice or could point to a plumber that could fix it would be most appreciated.

Advertisement