Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I have designed a few websites with simple cms before myself with my fairly basis php and mysql programming. I have been thinking about using something like Joomla for my next project but dont know if its worth learning how to use it or if its what i need. Writing my own code means i have full control over what i can do and not be depending on mods when i want to do something out of the box but its takes alot longer to get up and running. With Joomla i have problems whenever i new version comes out as mods are version dependant alot of the time.

Can anyone with some experience in this area advise me based on their own experiences with these cms programmes?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

I've come across that problem.
    Generally I purchase the Joomla extensions as these tend to be updated more quickly when new versions come out. However, when you need something developed that's not already done, then yeap... It is a pain. I don't know a way around it.

Advertisement