Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY Mini Company product ideas?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello! :)

So in the past month of TY in our Mini Company module we have had to come up with a product or service and try and make it as successful as we can. The only problem is that my group is currently stuck for inspiration on what we could possibly choose to create.

We've tried getting a shower timer to coincide with the new water charges but unfortunately that didn't work out, our second idea was to develop a website which would be a resource for Junior Cert students to help them with Science, but it wasn't a feasible way to generate money which is one of the aims we have been set to do for this module.

So basically all I'm requesting is just some ideas that we could possibly use in our Mini Company that could either be something that would help solve an everyday problem or maybe a game of some sort.

Thank you. (Hope I posted this in the right section).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

I don't do mini company but last year they made extra long iPhone chargers and sold them in school.They made a good bit of money from it because so many people bought them(including the teachers!) afaik.Sorry this is so vague just trying to remember the ones Ty's did last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sturage

Eims14 wrote: »
    I don't do mini company but last year they made extra long iPhone chargers and sold them in school.They made a good bit of money from it because so many people bought them(including the teachers!) afaik.Sorry this is so vague just trying to remember the ones Ty's did last year :)

Thanks for the reply.

Last year I think there was a TY group that did long cable phone chargers too, and another group suggested doing it this year but our teacher advised them against doing it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

I think with the TY mini companies the most simple ideas can be the most successful,
    Remember the company has to produce, market , sell , distribute the product,
    Remember the other subjects , coarses , modules that have to be done TIME is the big thing, if ye are prepared to work on yer own time outside school hours then maybe the big idea might work, otherwise keep it simple

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get cheap empty keyrings from China through ebay - something like these

Buy them in big enough bulk that you can get them quite cheap.

Fill them with various things.
    Picture of school on one side/contact details on reverse.
    School teams

Flog for 1-2 euro each.

Make money.

Advertisement