Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zavvi/Sendit/The Hut currency conversion messed up.

• 25-01-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭

After muppetkiller posted about the LOTR trilogy, I decided to check a few things. Turns out the above websites' currency conversion is severely swayed in our favour at the minute.

Take Microsoft Live 2100 Points on Sendit, as an example. It's £15.93, but when you change to Euro, it comes in at €13.43!:D Same story with the others.

I only checked games & blurays, so don't know about anything else.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Shut up!

I just ordered the LOTR - I don't want them noticing before they send it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye noticed this aswell and was going to post after the lord of the rings and huddies misprices

A 3DS for €183.50 anyone?

http://www.sendit.com/10300670.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

They've fixed it now, I got in just in time and nabbed the Batllestar Galactica Blu Ray Box Set for €80, it's back up to €113 now.

Hopefully they don't cancel the order !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I posted the xbox points and subscriptions into the xbox forum so others can see it.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688&page=11
    Eyes of the hawk OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I got a 250gb Xbox with kinect for 250 Eur :eek:

Paid via paypal, the money has been taken from my account. Bought with Zavvi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

CombatCow wrote: »

Thanks what a bargain was €47 last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Kinect, €28
    Most of the other kinect games are around that price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hogzy wrote: »
    I got a 250gb Xbox with kinect for 250 Eur :eek:

Paid via paypal, the money has been taken from my account. Bought with Zavvi

Utter bull!
    It was €251.45 + €1.15 for shipping. Grand total of €252.60. Come off the stage with your €250! ;)

BTW, after seeing your post, I ordered the same!:D

As an aside, and hopefully not to dderail the thread, but what are the best Kinect games? All gaming sites are blocked here in work, so I can't check reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Soarer wrote: »
    Utter bull!
    It was €251.45 + €1.15 for shipping. Grand total of €252.60. Come off the stage with your €250! ;)

BTW, after seeing your post, I ordered the same!:D

As an aside, and hopefully not to dderail the thread, but what are the best Kinect games? All gaming sites are blocked here in work, so I can't check reviews!

Dance Central is the big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

Got a Kinect & a game for about €128 - prices seem to have jumped back to normal levels now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Sweet, got 2100 XBL points and Assasain's Creed 2 for less tha €25 all in (postage etc) from Zavvi.

Nice one OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Looks like someone mixed up the divisor/multiplier rate. Seems to be around the 1.18/19 mark. (GBP to EUR)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up Rayman 3D for the 3DS and Prince Of Persia HD Collection for 40 euros
    Rayman was 25 and PoP was 15

Also they have now fixed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭HHH

Any chance these orders will be processed?

HHH wrote: »
    Any chance these orders will be processed?

Well the money has been taken out of my Paypal account.

In the before the debate on Contract law.

Paid with my CC. Item status: Awaiting Stock Pick

HHH wrote: »
    Paid with my CC. Item status: Awaiting Stock Pick

tbh even when ordering things normally this status usually doesnt change for a few days so it could be a while before we find out if orders will be processed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

There'll be a fairly good chance I'd say.
    It's not like the usual HDUK misprice that thousands pick up on. There was probably a few dozen orders from boardies, and that's it.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed anyways:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I managed to get Dead Space 2 ltd edition for €31 and 2100 xbox live points and 12 month gold membership for €43 so fingers crossed.

Was tempted to order hardware but iirc The Hut and Zavvi take orders for hardware but then don't ship... the bastids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

Damn they noticed before I got a 3ds. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I managed to get Dead Space 2 ltd edition for €31 and 2100 xbox live points and 12 month gold membership for €43 so fingers crossed.

Was tempted to order hardware but iirc The Hut and Zavvi take orders for hardware but then don't ship... the bastids...

Yea I managed to get Dead Space 2 for 31e too. Fingers crossed!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

This reminds me of the time The Hut fecked up the Euro price for the NC10. Ah they were happy days waiting for it to ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

parsi wrote: »
    This reminds me of the time The Hut fecked up the Euro price for the NC10. Ah they were happy days waiting for it to ship.
    Ahh.. good times! :D

That was a fecking nightmare, for me mainly!

basquille wrote: »

Care to elaborate. that thread has 500 posts of which i dont want to read :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hogzy wrote: »
    Care to elaborate. that thread has 500 posts of which i dont want to read :P
    You'll fecking read it.. and you'll fecking like it.. :mad:

:pac:

basquille wrote: »
    You'll fecking read it.. and you'll fecking like it.. :mad:

:pac:

okay-face.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

The Rotters!
    Hello yimrsg
    Thank you for ordering with us at TheHut.com, order no ******* .
    I am sorry to advise that, due to a technical error, some products were shown on our site with the incorrect price.
    No payment has been taken from your account and we've had to take the decision to cancel your order, however please feel free to re-order this item at the price now displayed.

As a gesture and to apologise for any inconvenience or confusion that this may have caused, we would like to offer you £5.00 off your next order with TheHut.com. This code can be used against our entire range for orders over £30.00. Simply enter the unique code: ******* in your basket and proceed to checkout. We are really sorry for any inconvenience and upset that this may have caused.

Thanks for your understanding, should you have any further questions please contact us through your online account message centre or on 0844 243 9090 and we will be happy to help you. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    They've not done themselves any favours in my book. Most of the time the impulse bargains I'd go for are well below £30 or a few pennies cheaper elsewhere.

hmmm i note in the above they say they have not taken payment. However for me they have through paypal.
    God i hope i get this 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

argh i got the same, at least i got a fiver off next order.

tonydude wrote: »
    argh i got the same, at least i got a fiver off next order.

IF you spend over £30. These sort of codes are always emailed to me

EDIT: Just got the email too, however i have not received any refund to my paypal account. Fairly pissed off at that

Ya I got the e-mail too. PS3 320gb for €223 was a bit too good to be true:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea I got the email too :(

I paid with paypal and it's still pending, so I'll wait and see if it gets cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Got an email back from them. Stopped my order, yet charged me. Was going to go into the whole "contract of sale" thing with them, but it does state in the terms and conditions they can withdraw from sale if the price is incorrect :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

these things are always too good to be true.

I missed out on the battlestar blu ray box set but I got battlestar galactica blu ray series 1 and 2 + a cheap cd for €30 (incl the £5 discount) €14.50 a season is still pretty decent.

Be Interesting to see how the paypal stuff works out.

Advertisement