Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Baby on Board Stickers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭omega man

cance wrote: »
    i dont get them either,

its like parents with photo's in their wallets, they love to show off their little monster, whereas the rest of us could'nt care less.

You obviously dont have kids then as thats a stupid comment and totally unrelated:mad:. Anyhow i dont have them on my car but the wife does and to be honest there probably is no evidence to say they have any safety effect but if it stops even one person driving up her ass and making her nervous or makes someone think twice before making a risky overtake then it has to have some value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have one in the car, and yeah, my d**k does work and I am proud to advertise it....:rolleyes:

Probably mean as much as a learner driver having L plates up, most drivers ignore them to...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

omega man wrote: »
    to be honest there probably is no evidence to say they have any safety effect but if it stops even one person driving up her ass and making her nervous or makes someone think twice before making a risky overtake then it has to have some value.
    I wouldn't automatically assume that any difference will be positive - it's quite possible that the sign makes her less, rather than more, safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't automatically assume that any difference will be positive - it's quite possible that the sign makes her less, rather than more, safe.

Please explain :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

You obviously dont have kids then as thats a stupid comment and totally unrelated:mad:. Anyhow i dont have them on my car but the wife does and to be honest there probably is no evidence to say they have any safety effect but if it stops even one person driving up her ass and making her nervous or makes someone think twice before making a risky overtake then it has to have some value.

by the same logic would a "nervous driver on board" not be more fitting? at least it would be correct advertisement? rather than advertising your brat and hoping others will be extra safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

We were cut up very badly and nearly killed one day on the clara road going into tullamore by a stupid bint in a punto.

When she got in front of us you couldnt see in the rear window at all with all the teddys/stickers and right in the middle of the window was a big pink stIck on number plate with "no.1 b1tch" on it.

When we met her a the traffic lights we pulled up beside her to give her an ear bashing and tell her that i reported her to traffic watch...there she was on the phone and fag in gob.....wih her daughter in the front seat WITH NO SEATBELT ON!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Just a hunch, but maybe it's just to let people know you have a delicate baby in your car, and you are not prepared to take any risks? It may give an indication as to why the person is driving a bit slower than the speed limit so the person behind won't get as frustrated and start tailgating and beeping. I suppose it still doesn't stop some assholes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

We were cut up very badly and nearly killed one day on the clara road going into tullamore by a stupid bint in a punto.

When she got in front of us you couldnt see in the rear window at all with all the teddys/stickers and right in the middle of the window was a big pink stIck on number plate with "no.1 b1tch" on it.

When we met her a the traffic lights we pulled up beside her to give her an ear bashing and tell her that i reported her to traffic watch...there she was on the phone and fag in gob.....wih her daughter in the front seat WITH NO SEATBELT ON!!!

and yet male drivers are supposed to be a higher risk on the road......... :rolleyes:

ive had plenty experiences myself with ppl on the phone and one of those was on a roundabout :mad:. boy how i laughed when she did it again at the next roundabout. all i could hear was horns blowing at her as she ploughed on to it without looking and when she realised this she jammed on the brakes and blocked the place. needed a wake up call :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

The original reason was to let emergency services know that there was a baby in the car in the even of a crash i.e. look for it if you cannot see it. You were not supposed to have the sticker up if there was no sprog on board.
    Now it is just a meaningless piece of clutter obstructing the view of the driver should they decide to use their mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭omega man

cance wrote: »
    by the same logic would a "nervous driver on board" not be more fitting? at least it would be correct advertisement? rather than advertising your brat and hoping others will be extra safe.

God you are some idiot! She is not a nervous driver! She is nervous for the safety of our 2 kids when some idiot is stuck up her arse trying to make her drive faster or whilst trying to overtake dangerously on some dodgy road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭rs

SMM wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is on some other thread, but what exactly is the point of 'child in car please drive carefully' and 'baby on board' stickers? I mean I would hope that people would be driving safely anyway, I'm not going to suddenly change my driving because of this. Does anyone know what they're for?

It's quite simple really. It means drive carefully, because if you rear-end me when my kid is in the car, I'm liable to cave in your skull with my tyre iron once I've established that the kid is not seriously injured.

Parents do irrational things when you put their kids in danger.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

God you are some idiot! She is not a nervous driver! She is nervous for the safety of our 2 kids when some idiot is stuck up her arse trying to make her drive faster or whilst trying to overtake dangerously on some dodgy road.
    If someone is going to tailgate or endanger your missus and the kids then a sticker in the back window won't make any difference and don't cod yourself into thinking it will! Its about as effective as our politicians recently telling us not to take drugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

jmayo wrote: »
    Has anybody ever thought about putting one of those scrolling displays in back window ?

Totally. i would love one of these.. Just thinking of endless hilarity that could be generated with it makes me drool.. I would imagine that calling the driver behind you gay would be the most used functionality..
    You obviously dont have kids then as thats a stupid comment and totally unrelated:mad:.

No offense dude but just because you like your kids does not mean anyone else does or should.. 99.9% of the population couldnt give a rats ass about anyone else's kids and wither or not they are in a given car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

fenris wrote: »
    The original reason was to let emergency services know that there was a baby in the car in the even of a crash i.e. look for it if you cannot see it.
    That was the original intended purpose for the sticker, I wonder if the people in the emergency services know this.
    Anyone that can read the sticker while driving, "you're driving too close to the car on front !!!"

I'd rather see baby on board stickers than a big "no fear" one on the back of a windscreen any day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

WindSock wrote: »
    Just a hunch, but maybe it's just to let people know you have a delicate baby in your car, and you are not prepared to take any risks? It may give an indication as to why the person is driving a bit slower than the speed limit so the person behind won't get as frustrated and start tailgating and beeping. I suppose it still doesn't stop some assholes though.
    I read some research from UK that claimed these signs reduced tailgaters.EDIT: It was a 'speed camera on board sign,' I read about reducing tailgating. Sorry

Advertisement