Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RAC or HPI Check

Options
  • 18-11-2007 3:11pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll be looking at a couple of cars that are currently on UK plates, and was wondering was there much in the difference between these two checks? The RAC one is only £5, while the HPI one is £19.99.

HPI Check Info

RAC Check Info

Both look pretty similar? I read that the rac check used to be 24.99.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Does the RAC one give you an estimate on the cars mileage ? It says it does but i could not see it in their sample one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nobody will give mileage estimates, all they do is to bring discrepancies to your attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Anan1 wrote: »
    Nobody will give mileage estimates, all they do is to bring discrepancies to your attention.

Didnt mean it says your car has 45,000 miles etc, but instead your cars mileage is not in line with the National Mileage Register.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The way it works is that you give them the current indicated mileage and they then tell you if the car has been previously reported to have had a higher indicated mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

I'm trying to run the RAC check on an english car (it's currently in Bolton), but in the section where it asks me for my name and address, it's looking for a postcode! Obviously we don't have a postcode in Ireland so should i just enter any english postcode at all to get past the validation? :confused:

Edit: i've tried entering the postcode where the car is located (a valid bolton postcode) and it doesn't say it's invalid, but now it says there is no record of that postcode in their system. AAARRRGGHHHH!!! What do I do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just called and did it over the phone. Easy and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

bt1 2ab is an unused belfast post code which sometimes works with these things.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BT7 1EB is UTVs headquarters, always works for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

SW19 3RQ - Wimbledon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ringing them and got the HPI check done on the car. No problems at all, so looks like ill be picking up my new car this weekend :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement