Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auris Power Steering, ECU?

• 10-01-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,
    My father in laws, 2007 Auris 1.4 Diesel's power steering light came on and steering went heavy. He went to toyota garage, said 1000 euro for a new ecu.
    I replaced the ECU on my Astra which I got second hand for 20 euro a couple months ago.
    Anyone have any experience replacing ECU's on an Auris/Toyota.
    Is their a special ECU for power steering, sepearate to the main ECU.

Any help at all, I would be great full...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭gearoidkerry

Hia same happened to a friend auris no power steering with warning ps light on also message saying check power steering,ended getting second hand ecu and fitting solved problem,the ecu is fitted behind the dash clocks and is hard to get at,before I removed it I took off the connections and connected them to the second hand ecu just to check the steering was working,Toyota reckmend dash top removable but I just about managed to remove the Phillips screws which hold the ecu onto the bracket with a long noes vice grips,fidely but I did not fancy taking top off the dash,hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

It's not the whole dash that needs to come off, the top half seperates, takes about 15 min, and yes very common for the power steering control unit to fail, it's due to bad internal soldering...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ytre

Anyone know the way to dismantle dash? Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah I know. 2 year old thread!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start new thread with more details, car age and model, what you're trying to achieve etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement