Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 31 Captain

• 28-03-2015 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭

The boredom of an international weekend has forced me to set up the poll :pac: I'll be going with Hazard or Kane.

Who are you captaining? 151 votes

Giroud (LIV)
    0%
    Hazard (STO)
    1%
    BulmersIrish Arisclayton012 3 votes
    Costa (STO)
    11%
    franglanAnonoBoymenoscemoNabyLadisthemanjkelly85ciantheodx43r0PirateShampoomuppet_2008tony1980nolllaigMoyVilla9MattHeldersA Brad Maddox GuyLucas Hoodspock.winneralrigh 17 votes
    Rooney (AVL)
    5%
    bohsmandahatdaithijjjlanger91Fowler87JoekersTipsy McSwaggerZiegler1988 8 votes
    Mata (AVL)
    2%
    The Sparrowmufcboy1999Henwinmatthew the statue 4 votes
    Benteke (mun + QPR)
    0%
    Austin (wba + avl)
    8%
    remoteboybanteeredarmyMR NINEbeaver111radharctmc86km79Cypher_soundsLostArtDietsquirtThe Wild BunchArbitrary 13 votes
    Aguero (cpl)
    28%
    SickBoySkySterAdMMMNichololasShaque attackSooner or LaterLeNNoXMacker1patmaczoom_cooljimmy456jimmiigarraSantryRedPanthroharpstilidieTockmanwonskiDegagAnimo 43 votes
    Kane (bur)
    13%
    Dempseythe whole year innRoonbox[Deleted User][Deleted User]Sideshow Markshineon238-10D HayesOwen_SCSFrichieffffjmaBallyv24Man With No Nameqwabercdhurlingman97Mr.ProdstonFrClintPowerHarvey Low Fat Milk 20 votes
    Siggy (HUL)
    27%
    T-b0n3Iagodave13rock whoreSparkoLemlinRikandzarquonshreddedloopstom_kDamien360callaway92WoollyRedHatInvincibleMaxPower89beeduybewafflemanmanual_manHow Soon Is Nowunplayable 42 votes
    Other
    0%
    Rojiblancos 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Aguero (cpl)
    Harry Kane 26.63% (643 votes)

Charlie Austin 26.25% (634 votes)

Eden Hazard 9.86% (238 votes)

Olivier Giroud 7.54% (182 votes)

Sergio Aguero 7.29% (176 votes)

Christian Benteke 6.25% (151 votes)

Diego Costa 3.56% (86 votes)

Wayne Rooney 2.57% (62 votes)

Juan Mata 2.15% (52 votes)

Gabriel Agbonlahor 1.74% (42 votes)

Alexis Sanchez 1.66% (40 votes)

Raheem Sterling 1.04% (25 votes)

Diafra Sakho 0.95% (23 votes)

David Silva 0.87% (21 votes)

Saido Berahino 0.7% (17 votes)

Romelu Lukaku 0.5% (12 votes)

Daniel Sturridge 0.44% (11 votes

As things stand on the FFS,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Austin (wba + avl)
    As things stand on the FFS,

don't know why Austin would have 4 times as many votes as benteke ? maybe its did to higher ownership?
    anyway if benteke is fully fit it will be him.......I've stuck with aguero for a good few weeks including the last DGW ! he will therefore get a hat trick this week
    He has completely trolled me this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney (AVL)
    Benteke is definitely an interesting one this gw.

Aguero (cpl)
    As an Austin owner i reckon i'll have to captain him

Aguero (cpl)
    km79 wrote: »
    don't know why Austin would have 4 times as many votes as benteke ? maybe its did to higher ownership?
    anyway if benteke is fully fit it will be him.......I've stuck with aguero for a good few weeks including the last DGW ! he will therefore get a hat trick this week
    He has completely trolled me this year :(

benteke scored for belgium tonight, (assisted by hazard)

fellaini scored too :D

• Advertisement

Austin (wba + avl)
    benteke scored for belgium tonight, (assisted by hazard)

fellaini scored too :D

Interesting interesting interesting !
    Either mata or fellaini is coming in for eriksen as I'm gonne have a bit of fun for the last few weeks.
    Fellaini frees up cash to get costa in but the man love for mata is strong !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Siggy (HUL)
    I want to go for Aguero but there's not a hope in hell I'm not going with Kane this time based on those FF Scout numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney (AVL)
    For anyone looking for a gamble.

Rooney has scored eight goals in his last six Premier League games at Old Trafford against the Villans, netting four braces.

Austin (wba + avl)
    dahat wrote: »
    For anyone looking for a gamble.

Rooney has scored eight goals in his last six Premier League games at Old Trafford against the Villans, netting four braces.

yes I was aware of Rooney's record against them too but it would mean selling aguero and then buying him back a week later for benteke and also selling rooey for Costa gw34! and then there is RVP coming back at some stage........still under consideration but I'll prob just captain benteke and buy either mata or Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero (cpl)
    Would the fact that Benteke will have played 2 games while Austin is resting up have an influence? Tough choice this week on Austin at the moment but may change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (AVL)
    After looking at Triggerlips' poll, I'm suddenly getting very scared of not owning Austin. His is usually closer to the actual top 10k figures than FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Austin (wba + avl)
    I'm holding off on my vote until the end of the week.

I have it defaulted on Bentke but this when it was looking like he wouldn't go on international duty. I want to captain Benteke but it seems like too big a risk.

My main rival is likely to captain Austin. I can't see Austin getting too much joy against WBA at home. I do worry the Villa game could be a goal fest though. But that all depends on how Sherwood approaches the game. QPR have to go out and try win the game.

If I was to put myself Sherwood's shoes for a moment, a point looks like a good result on paper with Burnley, Leicester and QPR with tough enough fixtures where you'd imagine it's unlikely they'll come away with 3 points. Planning for a draw looks like a decent prospect. I can see them setting up defensively and trying to catch QPR on the break.

If not Benteke it's between Kane and Aguero, with a mild penchant for Silva.

One way or another it's going to make or break me whoever I decide because my rival is going with Austin. I've made my bed bringing in Benteke and I'm not switching back to Austin at this stage for a -4. If I had Austin I'd be more confident of giving him the arm band over Benteke, due to all the travel and games he'll have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Aguero (cpl)
    As I have been saying for many weeks without always following through on ... Always Captain Kane ! last minute change to Aguero last week may finally teach me a lesson ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Aguero (cpl)
    Mmm, QPR have a **** away (and home) record, but they've managed to score in all of their 6 most recent away games, albeit only 2 of those came from Austin. Additionally, Austin put 2 past Villa and 3 past West Brom in the home fixture ..

makes u think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Benteke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Costa (STO)
    I'm going to go with Costa instead. Hazard vc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Captain Kane for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Any advice lads?, thinking ki, downing or Oscar

Austin (wba + avl)
    Hococop wrote: »
    Any advice lads?, thinking ki, downing or Oscar

Fellaini........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant understand how Kane is so high this week, Rooney at home to Villa?

• Advertisement

Costa (STO)
    joe123 wrote:

Very few have Rooney. I'd captain him if I had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

joe123 wrote: »

I'd imagine Rooney isn't highly owned by players here and getting him in probably means selling Aguero.

That's certainly not something I'd consider personally given Rooneys following 3 fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd imagine Rooney isn't highly owned by players here and getting him in probably means selling Aguero.

That's certainly not something I'd consider personally given Rooneys following 3 fixtures.

Even without Rooney I am struggling to see the appeal of Kane away to a tough Burnley side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (AVL)
    joe123 wrote: »
    Even without Rooney I am struggling to see the appeal of Kane away to a tough Burnley side.

Kane has a ridiculously good away record (only blanked at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge as a starter) and great form. He's my VC this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Have Austin was thinkin of swapping him for giroud I know Austin has 2 games but I honestly don't think he's gonna get more than kane or costa.
    What do u lot think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Siggy (HUL)
    Have Austin was thinkin of swapping him for giroud I know Austin has 2 games but I honestly don't think he's gonna get more than kane or costa.
    What do u lot think?

I have Kane, Costa and Aguero and am happy to stick with all three over the DGW lads.

I say that as someone who had two transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero (cpl)
    What do u lot think?
    madness to sell austin. I can see why people arent getting in DGW strikers but if you already have them you shouldnt be getting rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Gonna captain Austin. Two hatricks please Charlie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Siggy (HUL)
    Have Austin in squad but handing the armband to Arry.

• Advertisement

Aguero (cpl)
    Captaining Chaz Austin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane bagged a hatrick following his call up to the senior squad and then he goes and scores on his debut...
    I have Austin and Costa but the armband stays firmly on Harry Kane all the way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aguero (cpl)
    I've gone Austin. Looks like it should be a bit of a differential! If Kane comes in again I'll freak the f out! He can't he just can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Costa (STO)
    Anybody else captaining Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Siggy (HUL)
    Double gameweek including the best fixture in the game for a man who scored 12+ points in 2 of the last 3 weeks. Benteke is the percentage play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Costa (STO)
    Thinking Hazard but Aguero on Monday night football could be a savage play... Tough call this week. Usually take the percentage call, will be Kane of I do this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Siggy (HUL)
    aguero surely wont blank again?! could do with a 3 sided coin for this one, between austin kane and aguero!

Austin (wba + avl)
    I think it's time to take a risk and gamble. I'm comfortably ahead of the rest of the crowd, if it works out I can make up some ground, if not I seal my fate to finish 2nd place. Poetry in motion. :)

Do me proud Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

I've got costa kane Austin will Austin really out score any of those 2 with 2 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aguero (cpl)
    My vote for Austin brought him up to 26 votes vs Kane's 26 votes.

What to do, what to do:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going with a maverick pick in Defoe. I feel the Tyne-Wear Derby will be a high-scoring affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Siggy (HUL)
    jimmii wrote: »
    I've gone Austin. Looks like it should be a bit of a differential! If Kane comes in again I'll freak the f out! He can't he just can't!

I kept saying that every week after I took him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kane (bur)
    Couldn't sit easy in my mind with the Aguero choice, ive switched to Benteke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Kane (bur)
    I've gone Aguero, I'm winning two of my money leagues but 29 pts behind in my main one so I figured I'd take the risk on Sergio to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aguero (cpl)
    I've got costa kane Austin will Austin really out score any of those 2 with 2 games?

Sure who can say. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them outscored him but who knows which one!

Costa (STO)
    Hmm..the doubts about Costa starting are making me reconsider.
    Ivanovic(c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aguero (cpl)
    wonski wrote: »
    My vote for Austin brought him up to 26 votes vs Kane's 26 votes.

What to do, what to do:confused:

34 vs 34 now.

Gonna leave it on Austin anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I have Kane, Giroud, Hazard, Mata & Austin.
    Would Austin realistically get more points than others even with 2 games? Both QPR games away also.

Have it on Hazard but this poll is making ne think twice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero (cpl)
    Would Austin realistically get more points than others even with 2 games? Both QPR games away also.

Austin is a no brainer if you have him as is Benteke.

Costa (STO)
    I have Kane, Giroud, Hazard, Mata & Austin. Would Austin realistically get more points than others even with 2 games? Both QPR games away also.

Hazard is 'tired' apparently after playing for Belgium. He will start though.
    I'd captain Austin if I were you.

Austin (wba + avl)

Impossible to predict, QPR are fighting to stay in the league this stage of the season can throw up some strange results. Chelsea are fairly comfortable at the top. Nothing wrong with Hazard as an option imho. He's on fire atm and they'll want to do the business today.

I honestly don't think there's any clear cut choice this week with the exception of perhaps Kane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement