Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    This makes the Arsenal win tonight very precious. Arsenal should still be fighting for a top 4 spot by GW34 (and may still be by GW37) which would make their DGW tastier ;).

The way United are playing and with Spurs' inconsistency, Arsenal and Liverpool are coming into form at exactly the right time. By GW37, the top four may be exactly the same as last season, albeit with Chelsea top this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My brain.

OK can someone list the definite and possible games in 33 and 34. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My brain.

OK can someone list the definite and possible games in 33 and 34. Please.
    Definitely Missing GW33:
    Villa
    QPR
    Arsenal
    Sunderland

Possibly Missing GW33: (if Liverpool beat Blackburn)
    Liverpool
    Hull

Definite DoubleGW34:
    Chelsea
    Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Definitely Missing GW33:
    Villa
    QPR
    Arsenal
    Sunderland

Liverpool
    Hull

Definite DoubleGW34:
    Chelsea
    Leicester

To add to that the 4 teams that are missing gw33 plus liverpool and hull if they win the replay will have a dgw in either 34 or 37

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

To add to that the 4 teams that are missing gw33 plus liverpool and hull if they win the replay will have a dgw in either 34 or 37

Villa v QPR DGW31 isn't out of the question if Sky want to go up against BT's FA Cup replay

• Advertisement

Villa v QPR DGW31 isn't out of the question if Sky want to go up against BT's FA Cup replay

Ye 31 is the only other possible date. A game has been moved forward before but I'd class that as the least likely option as there is no fear of a fixture pile up for either team.

Definitely Missing GW33:
    Villa
    QPR
    Arsenal
    Sunderland

Liverpool
    Hull

Definite DoubleGW34:
    Chelsea
    Leicester

With Liverpool missing a week and then Chelsea having a double, it could be the perfect time for Sturridge to Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Lemlin wrote: »
    With Liverpool missing a week and then Chelsea having a double, it could be the perfect time for Sturridge to Costa.

If Liverpool miss a week (if they beat Blackburn) they could also have a DGW 34. It would then look like this:

Costa ars/lei
    Sturridge wba/hul

Not much between them and with Aguero having AVL, it could be a major decision assuming most teams will only be able to fit 2 of these in. Also consider Aguero has WHM in GW33 so couldn't see myself moving him on.

Obviously we can never be sure all 3 will be available for that week (or even on form) but at the moment it's a difficult decision for me. Thankfully I have a few weeks before I have to decide.

Liverpool
    Hull

I don't think I've ever wanted a Blackburn win more in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Costa is becoming a liability could have been sent off 3 times tonight.

• Advertisement

That chelsea result makes their players a bit more valuable for the DGW as they were facing a heavy schedule if they'd gone through.
    Apr 15 CL QF
    Apr 18 GW 33 Utd
    Apr 22 CL QF
    Apr 26 GW 34 Arsenal
    Apr 29 GW 34 leicester
    May 2 GW 35 palace
    I was going to steer clear of Costa as I felt leicester away was a dodgy one for him to start and go with double chelsea defence. Ill be rethinking my approach now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure I want Costa anywhere near my team again this season. The yellow cards and general fcukwittery he goes on with are a big turn off. Hopefully Sturridge will hit form and make the choice between them even easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not sure I want Costa anywhere near my team again this season. The yellow cards and general fcukwittery he goes on with are a big turn off. Hopefully Sturridge will hit form and make the choice between them even easier.

for the amount of gameweeks that will be left in I don't think I'll have Costa. to get him and a Chelsea defender I'd have to downgrade Sanchez to a 5\6ml mid and I am not doing that if arsenal have a dgw the same week! Costa will inevitably soon be on 9 yellows anyway.......and will prob pick up the 10th in the first game of the dgw :D
    I think I'll continue with aguero Kane and then rotate the 3rd when necessary. if benteke is fit I'm happy to stick with him for next few. may look at the leic lad for their dgw even.........he looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

For those of you still thinking about bringing in that nutcase Costa, I saw this post in the Arsenal thread on the Soccer forum
    Olivier Giroud was injured August-December. So around 14 games missed.Costa only has 4 goals more than him in all comps. Make what you will.

It just further fuels the 'much much better value than Costa out there' debate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

km79 wrote: »
    for the amount of gameweeks that will be left in I don't think I'll have Costa. to get him and a Chelsea defender I'd have to downgrade Sanchez to a 5\6ml mid and I am not doing that if arsenal have a dgw the same week! Costa will inevitably soon be on 9 yellows anyway.......and will prob pick up the 10th in the first game of the dgw :D

If he picks up his 10th yellow in the first Game of the DGW he won't be suspended. The 10 yellow rule is up to the 2nd sunday in April (GW 32 v QPR).
    Basically if he can avoid notching up 2 yellows in the next 4 games he is home free for the season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

menoscemo wrote: »
    If he picks up his 10th yellow in the first Game of the DGW he won't be suspended. The 10 yellow rule is up to the 2nd sunday in April (GW 32 v QPR).
    Basically if he can avoid notching up 2 yellows in the next 4 games he is home free for the season....

Home free until he no doubt hits 14 with a couple of games to go and is on the tightrope again! If any forward can do it he can!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Home free until he no doubt hits 14 with a couple of games to go and is on the tightrope again! If any forward can do it he can!!

No doubt he has another couple of stamps left in him or a further urge to clobber someone. He's due another sending off isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

G1032 wrote: »
    No doubt he has another couple of stamps left in him or a further urge to clobber someone. He's due another sending off isn't he?

It's 5 years since the last time he was actually sent off :eek:

spock. wrote: »

He's due a couple so!

Will I didn't know that...... How has he managed that feat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Maybe in the league. Remember his 'headbutt' against Victoria Plzen? That was the season before last

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

So what's the story for the rest of the season?
    Any more possible dgws?
    When Will Arsenals game be scheduled for?

I called it :P

https://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/577832044711055360

Except it isn't on Sky anymore. Weird then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That's interesting.

Austin,Benteke and Philips

Great news ! Benteke has been my best signing
    It will be with a heavy heart that I swell him for costa Giroud or Sturridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

dahat wrote: »
    That's interesting.

Austin,Benteke and Philips

Feck Austin! If Villa keep up their current form, it'll be Agbonglahor and Bentekkers on the radar!

I won't have any DGW players for GW31. Austin and Benteke probably the only ones worth getting, but with a blank 2 weeks later I don't think either are worth 2 transfers.

3 of villas last 4 are at home too
    will have to sell gw32 but he will be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah, not really any value in bringing in anyone other than Benteke and Austin, imo.

Villa will play QPR at home but their other game in GW31 is away to Man United. QPR have West Brom away then go away to Villa. Two away games for a team with terrible away form. So basically, neither team have two appealing fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

looking at the fixtures, i've no interest in bringing in any for a double GW31

manual_man wrote: »
    looking at the fixtures, i've no interest in bringing in any for a double GW31

Unless you have them already certainly doesn't really seem worthwhile. Could be a chance for people to take a bit of a punt if needing to chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm considering Benteke and Sinclair. Is there a reason Sinclair didn't play against WBA a couple of weeks back, I'm wondering whether he's nailed on although obviously Sherwood won't change too much from Sunderland (Hutton will be back though for sure IMO)

It's not turning out too beneficial for those that have held wildcards for a mega dgw. I wonder depending on tonight's result could arsenal also decide to go gw 31. Worst case scenario for those with a wildcard is liverpool being knocked out of the fa cup and arsenal fixing their game for gw 37.

It's not turning out too beneficial for those that have held wildcards for a mega dgw. I wonder depending on tonight's result could arsenal also decide to go gw 31. Worst case scenario for those with a wildcard is liverpool being knocked out of the fa cup and arsenal fixing their game for gw 37.

This would be great news for me. Is this more likely to happen if Arsenal don't go through?

• Advertisement

Yeh I have mine looks like its GW34 or bust!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Time for Hutton to earn some points for my team ;)

thunderdog wrote: »
    Time for Hutton to earn some points for my team ;)

I would not count on that.......bacuna has been excellent
    2 assists and no yellows I think in 2 games

No interest in anyone IMO.

QPR have 2 away games where they've been awful all season.
    Villa have a MU (a) in the DGW where I wouldn't be expecting much.

Both have a blank two weeks later.

So you'd most likely be taking a -4 to get someone in/out, can't see anyone I'd fancy to cover a -4 (unless you already have a QPR/Villa player)

DGW37 for Arsenal and Sunderland. Pretty crappy for anyone with a WC left that the huge DGW34 went out the window

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/578565263571968000

• Advertisement

Delighted with that. The liverpool double if it happens will probably be gw 37 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So Arsenal have no game in 33 then?

Utter balls. Left with 3 Arsenal players now.

Dam that spoils my plans a bit.

good news ! load up on chelsea almost complete then gradually switch them to arsenal from 35 on as they gave 3 home games in 4

GW38 will be interesting if Arsenal are in the FA Cup Final with top 4 secured and all of us have three of their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

GW38 will be interesting if Arsenal are in the FA Cup Final with top 4 secured and all of us have three of their players.

I already have three of their players. :pac:

Is there any post or article available from FFS or somewhere that outlines all the game weeks and what teams have doubles or miss fixtures?

Is there any post or article available from FFS or somewhere that outlines all the game weeks and what teams have doubles or miss fixtures?

GW31
    DGW: Villa and QPR

GW33
    Blanks: Villa, QPR, Arsenal, Sunderland
    Possible Blank: Liverpool, Hull (if Liverpool win Cup QF)

GW34
    DGW: Chelsea and Leicester

GW37
    DGW: Arsenal and Sunderland

Liverpool beat Blackburn .
    Liverpool and Hull now have a blank gameweek 33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,780 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Liverpool beat Blackburn .
    Liverpool and Hull now have a blank gameweek 33.

When will that be played?

• Advertisement
Advertisement