Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a running group in Ashtown/Navan Road Area

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I’m looking to form a Running Group in and around the Ashtown/Navan Road area in Dublin. The main aim of the group is to get as many people involved as possible. To begin with, I want to get evening and weekend runs started, but hopefully get more runs organised through the day as more people join.

Very informal is the idea; come along whatever days you wish. A group run may motivate you more than solitary. All fitness levels welcome. The group is all about motivation, staying/getting fit and most of all enjoying yourself.

There’s no shortage of routes and tracks to run in the area (Phoenix Park, Tolka Valley Park, Royal Canal Pathway). I’ve been running almost 3 years now and I would run most days of the week (Sometimes before work in the early mornings and sometimes after work in the evenings). I’ve always wanted to form a running group in the area and I’m hoping to get a bit of a group started as soon as possible. With the weather getting better and evenings getting longer there’s no better time to start!!

If anybody is interested in helping me get this group of the ground then they can contact me on here or private message me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Hi all,

I’m looking to form a Running Group in and around the Ashtown/Navan Road area in Dublin. The main aim of the group is to get as many people involved as possible. To begin with, I want to get evening and weekend runs started, but hopefully get more runs organised through the day as more people join.

Very informal is the idea; come along whatever days you wish. A group run may motivate you more than solitary. All fitness levels welcome. The group is all about motivation, staying/getting fit and most of all enjoying yourself.

There’s no shortage of routes and tracks to run in the area (Phoenix Park, Tolka Valley Park, Royal Canal Pathway). I’ve been running almost 3 years now and I would run most days of the week (Sometimes before work in the early mornings and sometimes after work in the evenings). I’ve always wanted to form a running group in the area and I’m hoping to get a bit of a group started as soon as possible. With the weather getting better and evenings getting longer there’s no better time to start!!

If anybody is interested in helping me get this group of the ground then they can contact me on here or private message me.
    i think there may be one already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Honestly, you're better off just joining a club - you get all of the things that a running group would offer as well as more people, more support, more structure, more informed advice and, best of all, the opportunity to try events/distances you might not otherwise consider.

There's no shortage of clubs in the area and lots of clubs have groups, such as Fit4Life, whose focus is mostly participation, enjoyment and basic fitness, but with the possibility to progress, if you want or as you're ready to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Might be worth talking to the guys in The Run Hub - running shop in Ashtown. They've done various run sessions/camps and have even done a few free things with groups also. I'd say they have a good network, who knows, they might even be interested in working on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

OP banned elsewhere on the site. Closing thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement