Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The majority of Americans don't have a passport, it's nothing weird.

It is if he's investing Millions of his own dollars into a company in another Country. Don't you think it would make sense for him to come over and see what's going on and exactly where he's putting his money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yes, and I'm also sure he'll get a passport without any problem, should the need arise.

A point made from a Dundee United fan there. Given that rangers can't sign players for a year or so, if it happens that they're not good enough to compete in the SPL (I know they will, but go with the IF) and it happens they end up bottom of the league and to be relegated, will the laws/rules be changed to ensure they stay up, as the SPL obv needs Rangers so much??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

A point made from a Dundee United fan there. Given that rangers can't sign players for a year or so, if it happens that they're not good enough to compete in the SPL (I know they will, but go with the IF) and it happens they end up bottom of the league and to be relegated, will the laws/rules be changed to ensure they stay up, as the SPL obv needs Rangers so much??

And he's right.

Personally, if the SPL decide to relegate Rangers i will have absolutely no issue with it (Provided it's dow to a "Newco Situation"").

However the Draconian laws which were proposed by the SPL a few weeks ago, are out of order imo and simply aimed at keeping the Rangers fanbase in the SPL while also crippling the club.
    The only people being punished by that is the ordinary fan, the SPL have ****ed up (And by SPL i also include the Chairmen of the clubs, including that **** at DUFC) who sanctioned TV deals which revolve around the "Old Firm" and basically live hand to mouth hoping that Rangers and Celtic coming to town will keep them afloat.

The vast majority of Rangers fans i have spoken to are (for want of a better word) happy to take the relegation punishment. We wouldnt be the first club in Europe to have recieved such a punishment. However the SPL are backing themselves into a corner because the likes of John "We Don't Need Rangers" Yorkston and Stephen "Charge Them Twice" Thomson have realised that they stand to lose a hell of a lot if Rangers (Or hypothetically Celtic) arent around for them.

SPL meeting postponed until the 30th.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

notlrforrestcaster.jpg

Shamelessly nicked from KDS. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Eirebear wrote: »
    And he's right.

Personally, if the SPL decide to relegate Rangers i will have absolutely no issue with it (Provided it's dow to a "Newco Situation"").

However the Draconian laws which were proposed by the SPL a few weeks ago, are out of order imo and simply aimed at keeping the Rangers fanbase in the SPL while also crippling the club.
    The only people being punished by that is the ordinary fan, the SPL have ****ed up (And by SPL i also include the Chairmen of the clubs, including that **** at DUFC) who sanctioned TV deals which revolve around the "Old Firm" and basically live hand to mouth hoping that Rangers and Celtic coming to town will keep them afloat.

The vast majority of Rangers fans i have spoken to are (for want of a better word) happy to take the relegation punishment. We wouldnt be the first club in Europe to have recieved such a punishment. However the SPL are backing themselves into a corner because the likes of John "We Don't Need Rangers" Yorkston and Stephen "Charge Them Twice" Thomson have realised that they stand to lose a hell of a lot if Rangers (Or hypothetically Celtic) arent around for them.

If your club would be in Germany, they would be relegated to the lowest possible division, never mind the fan base. It's a new club, full stop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Lars1916 wrote: »
    If your club would be in Germany, they would be relegated to the lowest possible division, never mind the fan base. It's a new club, full stop ;)

One wee point our club is not in Germany so therefore your point is well...pointless

One wee point our club is not in Germany so therefore your point is well...pointless

Guess what...I know, Ran**** are not playing in Germany ;)

And my so pointless point is to highlight, how lucky your club might be in the end, not getting the same relentless punishment, a German club would get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

And my so pointless point is to highlight, how lucky your club might be in the end, not getting the same relentless punishment, a German club would get.

What age are you seven how childish.

Again it makes not one jot of difference we are a Scottish club not a German one

I'd suggest 3 years of points deductions and financial penalties is "relentless" no?

**** The SPL.

At least Germany has laws in place, the SPL are making it up as they go along.

What age are you seven how childish.

Again it makes not one jot of difference we are a Scottish club not a German one

42, I am, but never mind. No reason to take matters onto a personal level :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

The thing is, will Rangers recovery be a long or short one? I mean it could take years for them to come back to an acceptable(to the fans)level anywhere near to where they've been in the past. Really though, with the fan base I'm sure it will be 'interesting times' ahead and maybe a good thing for Scottish football:)

Madam wrote: »
    The thing is, will Rangers recovery be a long or short one? I mean it could take years for them to come back to an acceptable(to the fans)level anywhere near to where they've been in the past. Really though, with the fan base I'm sure it will be 'interesting times' ahead and maybe a good thing for Scottish football:)

Long, long, long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The longer it takes Rangers to recover, the more chance of Celtic following. Tv Rights and match attendance will drop big time for Celtic.

• Advertisement

The longer it takes Rangers to recover, the more chance of Celtic following. Tv Rights and match attendance will drop big time for Celtic.

I doubt it to be fair, as said Celtic don't really need the TV money.
    Attendances, they seem to manage fine.

Rubbish, there's enough other teams to come ahead and take Celtic on:p League titles and Scottish cup games will still be watched and enjoyed by thousands of people regardless of TV rights

Celtic will be fine in terms of finance, they very much need to be involved in europe every year however to improve as a football team though.

it's the other clubs who are screwed - that's why we're seeing the SPL try to devise a way of keeping Rangers in a coma for as long as possible untill they've sucked the support for everything they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Rangers FC 2013 Line up - Naismith, Naifuture, Naiclass, Naimoney, Naistadium, Naihope, Naitrophies, Naiprospects, Naifans, Naimanager, Naiplayers

Em - Why does Lars1916 refer to Ran**** with asterisks ?

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Rangers FC 2013 Line up - Naismith, Naifuture, Naiclass, Naimoney, Naistadium, Naihope, Naitrophies, Naiprospects, Naifans, Naimanager, Naiplayers

TBF - Naismith pretty much took us into a ten point lead single handedly this season.
    I'll take that line up.
    ;)

Em - Why does Lars1916 refer to Ran**** with asterisks ?

Because he doesn't want to offend any of their supporters, by calling them names. And I refer to any team, I somehow don't like with asterisks...like Sch****03+1 in Germany ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

games will still be watched and enjoyed by thousands of people regardless of TV rights

Enjoyed might be too strong a word

Enjoyed might be too strong a word

:p I live in a land of the perpetual delusional:) Or to be kind a wishful thinker!-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17975013

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has spoken of the dilemma facing the Scottish Premier League board over what to do with a "newco" Rangers.
    "This season we got £1.4m from the SPL. If we only get £200,000 to £300,000, then how do we fill the £1m?"

All Thompson cares about is what is best for Dundee United in the short term. If he cant make the tough decisions for the long term benefit of Scottish Football then he shouldnt be on the SPL board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Chris McLaughlin of BBC has just posted on twitter that Miller has pulled out.

Edit: Looks like it is official, Miller is out.

Bill Miller walking away now :)

20137298.jpg

Some circus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yikes!!

yikesr.jpg

And this gem on the HB

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9Bh84-tD1-xSis_p6IRz8ys3TOkWteUOIbmHJfJ-5tSlLkZ_3

Bill Miller: "After hearing message from Rangers fans loud & clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified admins today I have withdrawn my bid"

Never let it be said that people power never works...

• Advertisement

Bill Miller: "After hearing message from Rangers fans loud & clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified admins today I have withdrawn my bid"

Never let it be said that people power never works...

TBF there's a lot more to it than that. (And those idiots with the banners)
    In a statement, Miller said: “As soon as I was announced as preferred bidder for Rangers, my team began to press ahead with our
    due diligence. Until then, information had been limited to what was made available in the internet data
    room and questions addressed to the administrators and their staff. In addition, I had preliminary
    discussions with the Scottish Footballing Authorities and limited discussions with Ally McCoist. Upon
    being named preferred bidder, discussions with Rangers staff started and discussions with all interested
    parties intensified.
    We continued to work through the holiday weekend in order to meet a very compressed schedule. By late
    Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were,
    unfortunately, more optimistic than reality. Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential
    outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and
    clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and
    will not be moving forward.
    I am deeply disappointed as I had considered the opportunity to bid for one of the most historic football
    clubs in the world, an honor and a privilege. I wish Rangers fans, supporters and employees my very
    best. I hope all your dreams and wishes come true. You certainly deserve it. I am most disappointed that I
    won't have the opportunity to walk into Ibrox Stadium on the day of an Old Firm match as my friends tell
    me the hair on my arm will stand up and I will never witness such passion and spirit at any sporting event.
    God Speed, Rangers"

So now there are 4 bids on the table according to the Administrators, including the Blue Knights. I don't know where the other 3 have appeared from!

So now there are 4 bids on the table according to the Administrators, including the Blue Knights. I don't know where the other 3 have appeared from!

**** knows.

I'm off to drop some acid and sit in the desert for a while, i might come back on the same wavelength as everyone involved in this farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Aw for **** sake.

I've got my final college exams to do over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to try avoid all this until then. See you in a couple of weeks!

Enjoy the circus lads.

BILL MILLER has announced that he has withdrawn his offer for Rangers and administrators Duff & Phelps have announced that three other bidders are in play.

David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: "We can confirm that Mr Bill Miller has decided not to complete his purchase of Rangers Football Club.

"Since Mr Miller was announced as preferred bidder on Thursday of last week, it is regrettable that more progress could not be made to further the sale of the Club.

"We have been informed by his advisors that there were a number of issues with which he felt uncomfortable including legacy contracts, the limitation of potential revenue streams and the expectation of required investment.

"As in any company takeover, the selection of a preferred bidder does not guarantee the completion of the sale. In this case, with time and money for Rangers running out quickly, it was essential to move the process forward with urgency. Mr Miller's bid was deliverable to creditors and was the only deliverable bid on the table at that time. We had no other unconditional bid.

"Given the fact that Mr Miller did not enter into an exclusivity agreement, we informed all other known potential bidders at the time the door was not closed.

"As a consequence of Mr Miller's bid being accepted, three other bidders have come forward to express their interest in buying the Club and these offers are being evaluated with the utmost urgency.

"There is every opportunity for these bidders to now complete the purchase of the Club prior to the end of the season."

Ticketus causing issues then?
    I'd happily see Craig Whyte meeting a bunch of Rangers Supporting neds in a dark alley at this stage.

What is the advantage to Rangers in having a takeover complete before the end of the season?

Duff & Phelps preliminary information to bidders was "more optimistic than reality" according to Miller. Those 3 other bidders will run a mile once they get to see the info that Miller saw.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What is the advantage to Rangers in having a takeover complete before the end of the season?
    1 less season in admin I suppose, less sanctions.

TBH I think yiz dodged a bullet with Miller. I did get a laugh at the banner reference though! Next time try not racially offend your potential saviour! :)

PauloMN wrote: »

TBH I think yiz dodged a bullet with Miller. I did get a laugh at the banner reference though! Next time try not racially offend your potential saviour
    ! :)

[Dignity] Ethnic Criticism [\Dignity]:pac:

• Advertisement

TBH I think yiz dodged a bullet with Miller. I did get a laugh at the banner reference though! Next time try not racially offend your potential saviour! :)

So does the 10 point deduction for next season come into play as soon as this season finishes if the club are still in administration?

So does the 10 point deduction for next season come into play as soon as this season finishes if the club are still in administration?

Yep

SPL Rules
    A6.8

Where a Club takes, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event that Club shall be deducted 10 points. Where the Insolvency Event occurs during the Season, the points deduction shall apply immediately. Where the Insolvency Event occurs during the Close Season the points deduction shall apply in respect of the immediately following Season, such that the Club starts that immediately following Season on minus 10points.

A6.9

Where an Insolvency Event or in the event that such Insolvency Event is part of an Insolvency Process that process, continues and/or is subsisting for more than one Season then, for each such Season, during the whole or part of which such Insolvency Event or Insolvency Process is continuing and/or subsisting, the Club concerned shall be deducted 10 points or, as the case may be, shall start each such Season on minus 10 points.

A6.10

In the event that a Club shall take, suffer or be subject to more than one Insolvency Event during any one Season and the immediately preceding Close Season, which, in the opinion of the Board, are not part of the same Insolvency Process, then that Club shall be deducted 10 points in respect of each such Insolvency Event or, as the case may be minus such number of points, as reflects the number of Insolvency Events which that Club takes, suffers or is subject to during that Season and the immediately preceding Close Season.

Americans are a race now ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

They are going to run out of money in 2 and half weeks time, also the fixtures are out in early June so the SFA need to know what division they are in.

patmac wrote: »
    They are going to run out of money in 2 and half weeks time, also the fixtures are out in early June so the SFA need to know what division they are in.

Really?? The players who took the pay cuts, does that 'deal' finish at the start of June???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Well it looks like this is all finally coming to an end, Miller pulling out is for me a sign that Rangers cannot be saved no matter what D&P say, their ridiculous statement that there are 3 bids isn't fooling anyone.

Rangers are out of money at the end of the month(if not before), the only party allowed full access to their accounts has pulled out within a week and it's unlikely their plan was ever a runner.

At this stage i think there needs to be far more clarity from D&P, there is only one outcome now and the sooner that is put in place the better it is for all parties, creditors, SPL/SFA and most importantly the fans.

Scottish football really cannot afford this situation rumbling on over the summer, someone needs in power needs to take charge, make hard decisions for the good of the future of the league rather than the usual short-term self centered we've become used to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18006734

Rangers' administrator believes it can secure the club's future before the end of the week despite American tycoon Bill Miller withdrawing his bid.

Even Baghdad Bob would be embarrassed at this stage.

Anyway, how's that new stadium coming along? Is it nearly finished?

hunjs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I've said it all along on this forum, beware of Duff and Phelps.

Whyte had to fight to have them installed as administrators rather than let the courts appoint an independent one and i'm sure he didn't do that for the craic.

They have strung out this mess the whole way and now Rangers are 2/3 weeks from being shut down and liquidated with Whyte in a strong position to claim the prime cuts of the business.

Getting the SPL to postpone its vote on financial sanctions means any potential buyer would go in blind, what businessman will fork out millions without knowing where the business stands??

These 3 mystery bidders looks like a handy story to stop Rangers fans turfing them out.

marching to Hampden while Whytes men sit twiddling their tumbs in Ibrox waiting for this to play out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement