Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 week ban from soccer forum

Options
  • 27-02-2015 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for given my views on football hooligans. Accused of trolling which I did not. My posting history in the soccer forum has been very good over last few years

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be clear you picked up a yellow for the post you are referring to. The ban automatically follows under the Soccer Forum totting up process. I presume you understand this, as I will only be considering if the yellow was warranted. If so your ban will be upheld

Before I look at this though can you plase confirm if you have followed the process set out above, as your appeal will only be considered if you have attempted, and failed, to resoilve the issue directly with the mod who issued the yellow (and consequent ban)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yes I have followed the process and reached out to the mod who issued the ban.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, the post that picked up the yellow was
    ricero wrote: »
    why has play been stopped in this game tonight ?

was it due to poverty and thuggery behaviour

The mod message accompanying the yellow was:
    "Poverty and thuggery" post got a reaction both times in the thread. No further defence/explanation for the comment given. Third yellow card this season, two week ban.
    Your previous post in the thread referred to by the mod was
    Vile humans the man in that picture reeks of thuggery and poverty
    That post got a reaction from a number of posters, one of whom linked to a post of yours in another soccer forum thread
    Vile people. They reek of poverty and thuggery

So here we can see you on 3 separate occasions linking thuggery with poverty. You have no basis for such a link and certainly knew by the 3rd time you tried to imply such a link that you would get a reaction, as you had already received reactions on both previous occasions

I am not seeing any basis for overturning the card here. I am certainly not of the view your recent record in the forum is particularly good either. It may have shown some improvement but let's face it - that was from a low base. I'm certainly not seeing anything to suggest you should get any special leniency due to your record in the forum. In fact you could easily have picked up cards for each of those 3 posts linking thuggery with poverty. I am sure there are plenty of posters who will feel particularly offended by such a suggestion.

Hence I am upholding the card and resultant ban

You may ask for an Admin to review my decision if you wish

Advertisement