Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Does Grass Grow?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Why does it put it's energy into growing?

Is it because it has to mature to reproduce or because it evolved to service herbivores and that is part of it's reproduction cycle?

Why doesn't it just store all the energy it produces after reaching a certain height and use it to subsist as it is, and use the stored energy for repairing damage it suffers.

I think the above argument proves evolution is a load of manure.:D

But seriously why does it grow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's trying to reach the sunlight

• Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sindri wrote: »

Is it because it has to mature to reproduce or because it evolved to service herbivores and that is part of it's reproduction cycle?

Why doesn't it just store all the energy it produces after reaching a certain height and use it to subsist as it is, and use the stored energy for repairing damage it suffers.

Wheer can I get some of your grass?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Who you calling a grass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

because god tells it to

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Why does anything anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It can't graze itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

its part of a conspiracy to sell lawnmowers;)
    do not tell anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think my grass is emo.

It cuts itself.

to get to the other side

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It's trying to reach the sunlight

but if all the grass agreed not to grow, they'd all get the same amount of sunlight without all the effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Mainly because it has no off switch. As long as it has water and food, it will grow.

Also, you argument in no way proves that evolution is a load of manure. The fact that grass can be found on any continent, in pretty much any condition shows it's sturdiness and suitability for survival.

If anything grass is the mother****ing poster boy for the survival of the fittest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The bigger it gets the more energy it can absorb.

oh please christ, not another creationist :(

but if all the grass agreed not to grow, they'd all get the same amount of sunlight without all the effort

for the reason that if we could all just get along there would be world peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Mainly because it has no off switch. As long as it has water and food, it will grow.

Also, you argument in no way proves that evolution is a load of manure. The fact that grass can be found on any continent, in pretty much any condition shows it's sturdiness and suitability for survival.

If anything grass is the mother****ing poster boy for the survival of the fittest. :D

Ehh it was a joke.;) You get it manure, grass, grass, manure. Do you want me to draw you a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

You could ask the same thing about why does anything grow or why anything lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

In the North of Ireland there was a supergrass, think it died out :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Why do birds suddenly appear,
    every time,
    you are near?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Grass that wont grow after the perfect lawn length, crack it and you would be a billionaire.

Advertisement