Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll up, roll up - A big one.

Options
  • 28-02-2015 3:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

I can accept getting infractions. I can accept getting infractions for breaking a charter. Below are all my infractions I have received so far. I have been driven to this post because I feel it is clear that my original infractions and resulting ban from soccer has given me a reputation and has led to people calling me out in other forums for being banned thus putting the idea into mods heads that any opinion that I have that might not be agreed with by a majority is posted purely to rise others.

I will go through each and every infraction and highlight why I believe each infraction is fair or unfair. I will also highlight the unfair treatment of my posts by certain moderators - who refuse to moderate to the charter, even deleting other posts that break the charter while leaving my posts there for all to see with a yellow card beside my post.

My soccer posts.

I am a Liverpool fan. Man Utd fans tend not to like Liverpool fans posting in their thread except for praise. Any negative analysis is met by unrelated posts to the topic at hand such as.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93469210

or

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93635456&postcount=9922 - Belittling a poster opinion by using sarcasm. My point was valid but because he didn't like what he heard he had a huff.

or

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93647664&postcount=511 - This implies that I am a troll and that I will be banned soon enough. This breaks the charter of calling others a troll but it goes unpunished.

or

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93645504&postcount=501 - A poster bringing the team I support into the debate even though it has no relevance to the game in question.

1st Infraction.

Infraction received - 18/12/2014 at 09:12

There's no link - Just a comment.
    Reason: I've warned you about picking fights with people, and it seems you're back at it again. PM me for more details.

3 days earlier I received a PM from Lord TSC. It read.
    Hey Gits_bone,

I wanted to send a quick message because of how situations are developing in both the United AND Liverpool threads. When deciding to grant access to the soccer forum, we look back through your profile, and while I did notice the ban from After Hours, I opted to give you the benefit of the doubt and let you post on soccer.

However, your posting style seems to be winding people up quite quickly in two different threads. While you are of course allowed to post whatever opinion you want, I'd warn that repetitive attempts to derail a thread or posting in a manner which winds up other posters is not. I'm sure it's not your intention; I'd just ask that you try not to cause multi-page wars in numerous topics and maybe take a step back and examine your posting style if it's causing problems from two sets of fans. We do have a probation period when access is granted, and managing to wind up two of the largest sets of fans within 24 hours is enough to trigger warning signs with mods.

As I said, it's not that we want to give out to genuine users, but we've had problem users before who deliberately attempt such feats and I thought I'd offer a friendly warning before other mods step in and escalate things.

TSC

Fair enough, he thinks my posts are not conservative enough. Just to add I was wrongly banned from After Hours. I messaged a mod and I have been given access back. So the comment about my previous ban is not true.

I replied to this message with.
    Hi TSC.

Sorry, it was not my intention to wind anyone up. I had a lot of free time in work today so was posting a lot. I will not post as much in the threads.

Sorry again.

Between the 15-18 of December my posts are here. Sum total of 125.

My posts that "offended" are all in the Manchester United thread as I am a Liverpool supporter and I suggested David De Gea signing a new contract with Utd doesn't mean he will stay and I said it has the airs of a Luis Suarez type deal. Of course being a Liverpool supporter you are not allowed to say anything about Manchester United that isn't praising them. My views on DDG were shared by some Man Utd fans but as I am a Liverpool fan my views were belittled and seen as trolling.

See here 2 posts belittling my opinion.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93452424&postcount=7961
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93452405&postcount=7958

SdXTdGX.png

My infraction above. I see a person getting angry and turning a debate into a swearing contest. I give as good as I get in this instance back to Will I Amnt and I get an infraction - by a Man Utd supporter (MOD TSC).

Second Infraction.

Infraction received 18/12/2014 at 09:13. Exactly one minute after receiving my first infraction.

I have been infracted twice for one incident.

Reason?
    Reason: Less of this tripe

I don't think anything needs to be said about this. Getting two infractions for the one incident. It's either a group of Manchester United fans reporting my post all at once or the two mods decided to infract me twice ensuring I am only one infraction away from being banned for 3 months.

Infraction 3

Infraction received on 4/1/15 at 17:06

Reason?
    I've discussed this type of low level trolling before, constantly bashing on negatives about everything positive. As it's your third yellow during your probation period, I'm also issuing a three month ban, as per the charter.

So. Where to start. I had posted my views in the Manchester United thread about how they are very poor attack wise with all the attacking talent and money they have spent. I asked the question, what is LVGs philosophy? Of course Man Utd fans didn't like this as I was a Liverpool fan. I gave my views and backed them up fully.

So then we have Yeovil v Man Utd match thread. An FA Cup 3rd round tie between a Premier League team who spent 150m last summer and a League 1 team as of now bottom of their league table. That is 1st tier of english football v 3rd tier.

The match is a bore fest. 0-0 at half time with a Man Utd full strength team.

Man Utd fans are not happy with the performance as posts such as these suggest.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681723&postcount=181
    Its not really hysteria its just not good enough against a team 60 positions below us

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681603&postcount=167
    Not sure what van Gaal is doing here. The teams use of the ball has been a disaster all season which is a direct result of 3 centre backs constantly trying to create attacks.

Now we have four on the pitch with Fletcher...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93680992&postcount=76
    This is toxic stuff.
    I would take a replay at the moment, we don't deserve it mind you, scary to think these guys are bottom of league 1, more than 60 places below us, we need a miracle here.

So I am watching the match, giving my views on the match. It's a boring match. Man Utd are looking equal to Yeovil. Man Utds play is possession based but they do not create one thing against a team leagues below them. I post about this.
    Utd are rather poor going forward, first ball is straight to the wings.
    Seems like LVGs philosophy is to hold the ball so the opposition don't score and then hope one of the big players produces a bit of quality.

This is a view I strongly believe in. Less time the opposition have the ball the less chance they have to score. Then one of the star players can produce a moment of individual brilliance or get a slice of luck to score. This is a valid opinion.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681076&postcount=91
    What??? Yes, keep the ball, score goals.

Kinda helps if you want to score goals and win games, you need the ball

Gowlasauras Rex replies sarcastically to this. Not understanding that winning football is about scoring goals and having to do something with possession when you have the ball. You don't automatically score by having possession of the ball.

MAN UTD SCORE!

How? Well...it was a through ball. But it deflected and didn't go anywhere near where the intended pass was supposed to go. It fell near Ander Herrera who swiveled with his back to goal and unleashed a shot into the top corner from all of 25 yards. Both a bit of luck AND a wonder goal to score.

I post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681832&postcount=210
    That's the slice of luck I was talking about.

I spoke about it before Man utd scored and it happened. I was right.

What happens next?

Posters don't like that I am right so they resort to:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681858&postcount=216
    Ah go away.
    Yeah utter slice of luck alright.
    Please explain the luck behind that goal?
    - Which I did!

A Man utd fan even agrees with me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93681947&postcount=232
    The deflection was luck.

Nothing wrong with a bit of luck Gits!

Another poster posted this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93682003&postcount=237
    It's poor enough for United to be needing a wonder strike to take the lead against Yeovil.

MAN UTD SCORE AGAIN!

I see people trying to rise me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93682201&postcount=257
    Lucky goal Gits?
    Another lucky goal.If DiMaria did not kick that,it would not have went in.
    - More mocking of my posts. Once again not judging the game but judging the scoreline. Performance matters too.

What happens next? I get an infraction. The reason?
    I've discussed this type of low level trolling before, constantly bashing on negatives about everything positive. As it's your third yellow during your probation period, I'm also issuing a three month ban, as per the charter.

Of course Lord TSC had to comment in the thread thinly veiling saying I was banned - notice the chorus of thanks from Utd fans.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93682315&postcount=270
    Quick note: Stop calling out Gits_bones. He can't respond at the moment, so drop it and move on.

3 yellow cards - 3 month ban. BAM!

I messaged TSC before New years day (Pre banning). His reply is this.
    Hi gits, apologies for the delay replying. Has been a busy day in a post-holiday manner.

Off the top of my head, entering the topic after yesterday and making a comment along the lines of "Of course ye won but....". The comments about Moyes the game before. The Liverpool game had a comment about "Ye won, but if..." Three games in a row, you've entered the United topic immediately after the final whistle, trying to downplay the win/result and trying to make excuses or create hypothesis explaining how United were lucky.

TSC

My reply to this was: I'm posting pictures because it's easier.

AWGKGuV.png

aN61ewz.png

I reply with this.

5TyBltU.png

See above - He mentions that I once again come in straight after the game making excuses for the Man Utd win against Newcastle. I seek clarification on the post that I made AFTER the game. He links to this post.

Here is the post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93576701&postcount=9260
    Talk is cheap.

And you'd want to be attacking with only one midfielder playing and 3 cbs.

I came in straight after the game to make this comment. But....the game only started at 3pm?

TSC refused to answer my question and when he knew he was in a hole he said he wouldn't discuss it any more.

TSC replies to me with this, refusing to discuss it any more when he knows he is in the wrong.

9pH3do5.png

Further PMs follow from TSC
    Gits_bone, I think you know exactly what you're doing. You've gotten cards for it, you've got warnings, and honestly, it's taking up too much of the mods time.

You've not asked for the yellow to be rescinded but I'll state now (to speed things up) that it's not happening. I'm also not engaging in a massive dialogue about this either, since I've spent enough time on it over the last few weeks. You are of course allowed appeal it with the DRP, but it's the end of my involvement in it anyway.

TSC

one again refusing to acknowledge he is wrong when asked to admit that I didn't come in straight after the newcastle game.

I send some PMs - Thinking of things once I sent a PM and then sending another PM one afer the other as I think of them. They consist of:
    That is an absolute joke. How about looking at my posts earlier in my thread about LVGs philosophy. Also I got 2 yellows for the same incident from yourself and Gavredking a few weeks ago?
    - Defending my posts as I back all my points up. Pointing out 2 yellows for the same incident.
    Oh and thanks for replying to my message about the time of my post after the newcastle game. You said I came in after the game making excuses when I made a comment before the game even kicked off.

Also how many times are you going to give warnings to people about breaking the charter? How about giving infractions to people for breaking the charter??
    - Calling TSC out for not admitting he was wrong and also pointing out numerous breaks in the charter not being acted upon.
    And you've still failed to acknowledge you were wrong about my comment "after" the newcastle game.

And how did I get two yellows for the same incident a few weeks ago?

Stitched up.
    Pointing out once again that he didn't answer my question and another about the dual punishment.

His reply?
    Gits_bone, this is my final response to you.

I'd politely ask you stop sending me PM's (4 in the space of 5 minutes). I'll be honest and say such behaviour, and such language, is also setting off other alarm bells too with regards re-regging, since it's extremely similiar to another troll we had to deal with a few weeks back.

If you're unhappy, take the complaints to the DRP cause I'm done with the issue now.

TSC

What is this about? I see it as a thinly veiled threat to ban me. He can see if I'm a re-reg so he's threatening me.

And that is the end of that - for soccer.

I have more infractions in Radio and Fantasy Sports Arena And Personal Issues. I have no issues with the infractions in PI or Fantasy Sports Arena. FSA I responded to a mod when he said no more discussion.

PI one is funny. I posted a point that was relevant to the thread but the mod said it wasn't relevant so to stop discussing it. A poster replied to me and I replied back that I couldn't reply as the mod said to end the discussion. I got a yellow for this. I would accept this but I don't believe it was just either.

Tomorrow or later I will do another analysis of my Radio infractions showing incompetence and an agenda against me of a mod.

Thank you for reading this. I'd appreciate if this was taken seriously and considered by numerous CMods as this ban led to others commenting on my posts in other forums saying things such as:

"Ah up to your usual self Gits"

or

"You were at it in the soccer forum and now you're at it in the FSA too!".

Ask any mod in FSA about my behaviour.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gits_bone wrote: »

Thank you for reading this. I'd appreciate if this was taken seriously and considered by numerous CMods
    In the appeals process one CMod will normally undertake a review. If you are not happy with the CMod's decsion you can ask an Admin to review the decision

You have made a very lengthy appeal here, in connection with the 3 yellows you picked up in Soccer. Those yellows were picked up between 18 December and 4 January

I appreciate you have only now decided to appeal those yellows because you feel they are impacting on your treatment elsewhere on the site. However I would point out I am only going to consider your actions in the Soccer forum and given the passage of time and amount of detail you have gone into above it may take some time to undertake a review. However I would also point out that if in looking at those cards I am happy with them I will not be overturning your ban as that automatically follows for picking up those 3 cards within your probation period in the forum.

Just to add, it is not possible to pick up more than one card for an individual post. You have picked up 3 separate cards for 3 separate posts (although I appreciate 2 of those cards were issued in quick succession by different mods within the forum)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Beasty wrote: »
    In the appeals process one CMod will normally undertake a review. If you are not happy with the CMod's decsion you can ask an Admin to review the decision

You have made a very lengthy appeal here, in connection with the 3 yellows you picked up in Soccer. Those yellows were picked up between 18 December and 4 January

I appreciate you have only now decided to appeal those yellows because you feel they are impacting on your treatment elsewhere on the site. However I would point out I am only going to consider your actions in the Soccer forum and given the passage of time and amount of detail you have gone into above it may take some time to undertake a review. However I would also point out that if in looking at those cards I am happy with them I will not be overturning your ban as that automatically follows for picking up those 3 cards within your probation period in the forum.

Just to add, it is not possible to pick up more than one card for an individual post. You have picked up 3 separate cards for 3 separate posts (although I appreciate 2 of those cards were issued in quick succession by different mods within the forum)

Apologies, I understand the DRP process now. Thank you.

Although they may be 2 different posts I believe I have been sanctioned for the one incident. My post infracted by Gav Red King was a reply to another posters sarcastic reply even though the post I was replying to before that implied an irish rugby player was taking steroids.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93490441&postcount=8355

I asked "Who?"

And then Gowlasauras Rex replies with another sarcastic comment (He only replies in sarcasm to me because he knows my views are not shared by most man utd fans so he knows he will get thanks from Man Utd fans).
    Yeah here I give you the name of someone who is cheating in their job based on no legal grounds or hard evidence. That should be ok to do.

I replied with:
    Sarcasm really is overused here. Ye'r so focused on facts yet come out with crap like saying something that doesn't mean anything in essence.

I think a player from Man Utd has all the hallmarks of being a coke head.

So...Man Utd fans previously focused on facts and about goals and not judging performance or anything now accept vague comments about players taking steroids that don't actually tell us anything. So I post the above comment in reply as it is the exact same situation as the Man Utd fan saying a rugby player has all the hallmarks of being a steroid user.

Also Gowlasauras Rex followed me into the AMA feedback thread to comment that I was "up to my usual self" - didn't offer any feedback.

And I understand that my ban will stand (I have 5 weeks left) if the cards don't get overturned. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK

The sheer volume of information in your posts makes it virtually impossible to respond to all the points you make, and the dispute process is not designed for that anyway. It is here to look at the cards or bans that you are disputing. I will reach my conclusion on the basis of whether I feel the cards were each justified. In doing so I will take into account your general behaviour within the forum (and elsewhere on the site if I think it relevant).

I will try and work through the 3 yellows in turn. I will though comment separately on the two cards you picked up in quick succession and whether they could or indeed should be looked at separately or in combination

Please bear with me though as I still have a lot of stuff to work through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

No worries Beasty. Take as long as you need to. There's no panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Closed for now (OP is sitebanned).

GB, PM me in a month if you still want to dispute it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement