Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA form - weird question

Options
  • 19-01-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

On the ESTA application (Visa Waiver Program) to the US, there's a 'Yes/No' question:

C) Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved, in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? *

WTF.. why specifically include assoication with the Nazis?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

LIAMW'S A NAZI! GET 'IM!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ask in the embassy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oh they've caught so many Nazi war criminals with that one over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

Answer: 'Define persecution?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

america................fuck yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

liamw wrote: »
    On the ESTA application (Visa Waiver Program) to the US, there's a 'Yes/No' question:

C) Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved, in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? *

I think you should answer yes, just to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

...simple, when they do track down some of the nazi types they can do them for lying to immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I answered thank you very much and they locked me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

liamw = Ratzinger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes i was a Nazi, but i see the errors of my ways.

Im now in Al Quieda

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If you were subjected to any of the above sould that not count as being involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you check that box, and survive your vacation in Gitmo, Steven Spielberg's going to want to interview you for Shoah II: The Revenge.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

yes no

Vote yes.

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Do. It.

I wonder if peer pressure also works online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A lot of places ask you this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Persecutions associated with Nazi Germany... yes, I took part in the bombing of Dresden.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Write down yes and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Vicxas wrote: »
    Write down yes and see what happens!

Sure, I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Because "have you ever dropped a nuclear weapon on civilians or firebombed civilians or supported regimes that wiped out many many squishy civilians or stolen lands off indigenous people and then wiped them ou?t" could be a really awkward question for an american to ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

They should have a space for yes and no, but nazis would enter nein.

Freedom Restored
    Mission Acomplished :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's the Grammar Nazis they don't want, because they're a bit sensitive to criticism.

Although quite a few political Nazis live in the US, they don't mind having a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Persecutions associated with Nazi Germany... yes, I took part in the bombing of Dresden.

Ha class, i think this little snipe would be somewhat lost of the vast majority of chuds that word in immigration. Incidentally a fcuking ridiculous question that i read and am consistently amazed by each time i go to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

It could be a clever recruitment drive to find top quality genociders,sabotaeurs and espionagers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I think you should answer yes, just to see what happens.

Never do this, believe me, you will regret it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

the FBI will prob be at ur gaff the next day, with 'LIVE' cameras and helis over head screening it to the US of A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I was at immigration in JFK recently and as I took my passport out to hand to the nice man a one euro coin had got caught in between the pages and flipped up on to the desk where we were standing.

Yer man dryly says "Sir if that's a bribe you will have to do a lot better". Was very funny at the time but I still don't think I would tell them you were a Nazi just to see what happens : )

Advertisement