Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What county or town in Ireland produces the most ignorant and abrupt people?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Gucky wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't speak Monaghanese?
    :D

yep you sound as if you are from cavan ie can't read or write:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

duckysauce wrote: »
    yep you sound as if you are from cavan ie can't read or write:)

Guess what?

Guess what?

you are a cavan whorrre?

duckysauce wrote: »
    you are a cavan whorrre?

Nope! I'm actually from China. I'm gonna eat you!:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Ridiculous thread, there are rude ignorant people everywhere, doesn't matter where they're from!

• Advertisement

Nope! I'm actually from China. I'm gonna eat you!:pac::pac:

?:confused: why are you posting here so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I'm from monaghan (clones) and I'd have to agreewith you, we can be prícks and lots of us think we are better than everyone else, even the people living next to us.

When I read the thread title I was going to say Clones. It's hard to defend a bunch of people that go out of their way to hate on any of the foreigners working dead end jobs in the town that none of the locals will get off their ass (dole) an work.

One eastern european got stabbed earlier (i'm in korea so I would call it last night) I think it was a few hours ago. Some of the comments on my facebook from people back home are disgusting.
    Some foreign c--t stabbed tonight up the town
    One les dirty foreigner for the dole office to worry about

^^ his spelling mistake not mine

Idiots. nothing bad about the guy who murdered someone, only about the poor man that got killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I accept that, but you do think "he looks like a scumbag, he's probably a scumbag".
    I don't feel an insatiable NEED to though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

cloneslad wrote: »
    I'm from monaghan (clones) and I'd have to agreewith you, we can be prícks and lots of us think we are better than everyone else, even the people living next to us.
    Why are Clones people any different to people from anywhere else, in that regard?

I accept there are particular parts of, especially rural, Ireland that, as a whole, would be less accepting than bigger areas, but not bothering to acknowledge that this shouldn't be applied to each individual from those places, is as bad imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Boards.ie

• Advertisement

Ridiculous thread, there are rude ignorant people everywhere, doesn't matter where they're from!

It does actually, you see this thread acknowledges that ignorant people are found everywhere, but were trying to establish where most can be found, preferably in the one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I find people from cork the most annoying in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Then I would say everywhere outside of Cork! :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Why are Clones people any different to people from anywhere else, in that regard?

I've lived in a few places in Ireland and while some people think they are better than others in those towns, I'd say about 80-90% of people in my hometown do.

Don't get me wrong, I love Clones, but the people can be so backward it's unbelievable. I get comments like
    why would you want to go live with all those gooks?
    Those chinky people you work with speak any english?
    How are all the black babies you're teaching?

I live in korea FFS, so not only are they racist, they are also geographically ignorant.

My sister in -law, although admittedly from Cavan, refers to Koreans as "them funny lookin' people".

I'm just pi$$ed off with what I read from people back home on my facebook and knowing what the locals always used to say / give out about the eastern europeans in the town. Perhaps they should try moving to a little backwater town where they don't speak the language or know the culture too well and see how easily they integrate with the locals.

I can guarantee that they would expect the people to try speak English to accomodate them in their new backwater town, but yet none of them learn how to speak polish, russian etc to accomodate the people that have moved to clones.

I know this happens all over Ireland, but I have experience of it from my town, so I can't go tarring places I have never spent any great amount of time in with the same brush.

EDIT: You edited your original comment while I was typing this so I didn't see your edited part until after

Then I would say everywhere outside of Cork! :)

lots of clients/friends in Cork. (city and county)
    I find them very civil, decent people I have to admit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

When I read the thread title I was going to say Clones. It's hard to defend a bunch of people that go out of their way to hate on any of the foreigners working dead end jobs in the town that none of the locals will get off their ass (dole) an work.

One eastern european got stabbed earlier (i'm in korea so I would call it last night) I think it was a few hours ago. Some of the comments on my facebook from people back home are disgusting.

^^ his spelling mistake not mine

Idiots. nothing bad about the guy who murdered someone, only about the poor man that got killed.

Oi you leave Clones people out of this!...Actually no sorry you're spot on. Carry on. :D

Didn't hear bout that stabbing.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Oi you leave Clones people out of this!...Actually no sorry you're spot on. Carry on. :D

I presume he's referring to the stabbing in Drogheda on Thurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Oh sorry yeah-i had thought he meant someone was killed in Clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

What a fcuking stupid sh!t stirring thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

I agree this thread is stirring it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

fcuk this, I'm off for a bungo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Clonmel ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I'm from Donegal but theres a good few areas in the county where people are just complete *****. The only group I've consistently had problems with would be white South Africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

fcuk this, I'm off for a bungo

Now yer talkin!!!

BUUUUUUUUNNNNNGOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

It's not a county or a town, it's a street,

It's Kildare Street.

alwaysadub wrote: »

you would be presuming wrong.

Eastern European, not sure what country he's from was stabbed and AFAIK, killed, a few hours ago in clones.

Garda tape surrounding the scene and garda cars too. Apparently there is still a garda car at the scene.

you would be presuming wrong.

Eastern European, not sure what country he's from was stabbed and AFAIK, killed, a few hours ago in clones.

Garda tape surrounding the scene and garda cars too. Apparently there is still a garda car at the scene.

May his poor soul rest in peace.

Honestly haven't heard about it yet.

Carlow.

The entire county is a halting site it seems.

Absolutely untrue and without foundation

but still made me laugh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You get ignorant, backward attitudes everywhere, in both rural and urban areas but small towns do seem to have small minds in abundance.

Ignorance is bliss to a lot of people sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Doesn't really matter where you live, there are ignorant and backwards people everywhere as well as the decent people. You only tend to hear about the pr!cks because they are usually the ones with the biggest mouths!

But I do agree with the notion that small towns suck ( with me living in one ) , gossip BS is unreal and if you'll get ostracized if you don't fit into the what is seen as ' normal ' in the town. That and there is usually feck all to do that DOESN'T involve going to the pub or the consumption of alcohol of some description!

Advertisement