Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could items lost on Dublin Bus end up anywhere other than the lost property office?

Options
  • 01-12-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I stupidly left my iPod on the bus on Saturday. It was the last stop and I was the last one off so no one else could have picked it up (I doubt they'd want to anyway because it was 7 years old, cracked screen, scratched, etc.), but I rang the lost property office earlier today and it wasn't there. Could it have ended up somewhere else? Or even still be on the bus if it went back to the depot and hasn't been used since.

And yes, I'm sure I had it on the bus, after I'd gotten off and it had started to drive away I realised I'd left it on the seat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

Assuming the bus is finished in service for the day, then either the driver or a cleaner in the maintenance dept. would have found it. Depending on how honest they are, then it could still be in the garage.
    If, however the bus was still in service, then the next passenger to sit there could have acquired it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Cygil wrote: »
    I stupidly left my iPod on the bus on Saturday. It was the last stop and I was the last one off so no one else could have picked it up (I doubt they'd want to anyway because it was 7 years old, cracked screen, scratched, etc.), but I rang the lost property office earlier today and it wasn't there. Could it have ended up somewhere else? Or even still be on the bus if it went back to the depot and hasn't been used since.

And yes, I'm sure I had it on the bus, after I'd gotten off and it had started to drive away I realised I'd left it on the seat.

Depending on where you dropped it the driver may have not spotted it and it could have went back to the garage.

Give it a day or two, maybe even ring the garage as they may have picked it up in the meantime

What bus were you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cygil

The 84. I just rang Donnybrook garage and they said it hadn't been handed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 84 operates out of Bray depot, a sub-depot of Donnybrook.

It may take a day or two for lost items to get back to the lost property office in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Cygil wrote: »
    The 84. I just rang Donnybrook garage and they said it hadn't been handed in there.

A late 84 could have been exchanged for a fully fuelled bus and ended back in Donnybrook. With the introduction of the CCTV, dishonest employees on all levels are no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

couldve went out as a nightlink that night for a different nightlink route.

which is very very possible that another passenger picked it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭s8080

very few items get handed into drivers, maybe a old non smart phone, a purse that has already been looted, a ID card.
    the 84 most likely would have went back into service after leaving blackrock/newcastle, it was probably picked up by a passenger.

Advertisement