Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking on St Mary's Road, Newcastle, Galway

• 04-12-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am a resident on st Mary's road, Newcastle Galway and I just recently got a car and now have nowhere to park the car as I don't have a permit sorted yet. I've been parking at a friends house but it's not very close. Is there anywhere nearby I can park for free that I can park in until I get this sorted? Also does anyone know how often they check the pay and display on st Mary's road? It's very annoying for friends coming over to visit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No idea, but I suspect there are several thousand St. Mary's Roads in Ireland. You might get a better response if you specify which one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 munchkin212

Alun wrote: »
    No idea, but I suspect there are several thousand St. Mary's Roads in Ireland. You might get a better response if you specify which one :)

Haha thanks I thought I had it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I am a resident on st Mary's road, Newcastle Galway and I just recently got a car and now have nowhere to park the car as I don't have a permit sorted yet. I've been parking at a friends house but it's not very close. Is there anywhere nearby I can park for free that I can park in until I get this sorted? Also does anyone know how often they check the pay and display on st Mary's road? It's very annoying for friends coming over to visit

A couple of questions, which might help to identify suitable parking locations.

1. How close, or how far, is "not very close"?

2. What's the main hassle with visitors' parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 munchkin212

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    1. How close, or how far, is "not very close"?

2. What's the main hassle with visitors' parking?

Not very close is moyola park over the other side of Newcastle, a 15 min walk. And the hassle is that visitors have to pay to visit me. It's 2 euro per hour so to visit for an hour and a half is three euro. Even to pop in for a quick cup of tea the minimum is like 2 euro I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

How far are they travelling? If it's from well outside of town, say, then parking elsewhere might not seem like much of an imposition.

As far as I know there is no Pay & Display parking on Lower Salthill Road, which is perhaps 500-750 metres away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

When applying for your permit, ask if you can get a few visitor permits to tide you over.

Advertisement