Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Art 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Guys I decided to focus on the Renaissance for European. However I want to cover something from the Impressionists/anything from French painting in the 19th centrury in case the questions crazy and I have time now to study it. What would you recommend? Van gogh is predicted so will i try him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BiancaW

a good last minute artist to study is Kandinsky! He fits into that question in the European Section that comes up most years about discussing a work featuring women, water, horses etc. He painted nearly everything so he can fit into some question if anyone is stuck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

BiancaW wrote: »
    a good last minute artist to study is Kandinsky! He fits into that question in the European Section that comes up most years about discussing a work featuring women, water, horses etc. He painted nearly everything so he can fit into some question if anyone is stuck :)
    Degas is good for this question too - never studied Kandinsky though... I shall check it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

peekachoo wrote: »
    Anyone got some notes on Manet, Renoir or Pisarro they could send me? I'm trying to cover as many impressionists as possible :pac:

I am an Art teacher who is updating her teaching resources - basically I'm finally going digital! I am at present building a website of art history notes and trying to embed videos into the site. I have made a video on Manet's painting "le Déjeuner sur L'Herb - I discuss his use of light and of brushstrokes which is core to understanding any impressionist painting.
    Let me know if this video is of any help to you and I can send you links in the next couple of weeks to further resources. Best of luck in the Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Here is a link to my website for Leaving Cert Art History :arthistoryleavingcert.com

I am still constructing this site so I will be putting up new content over the next few days. I hope it is of help to you. Best of luck in the exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

Red Hare wrote: »
    Here is a link to my website for Leaving Cert Art History :arthistoryleavingcert.com

I am still constructing this site so I will be putting up new content over the next few days. I hope it is of help to you. Best of luck in the exam!

thanks a lot! useful website people!! good luck tomorrow everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement