Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A little bit of advice please

Options
  • 23-06-2012 10:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

Hi, I have been on illness benefit fir 4 yes for a long term illness. I am separated from my husband and have 2 kids. Were separated about 2yrs. I receive e246 or there abouts per week, I don't not claim rent allowance as I live with family. Is there anything else I might be able to claim, maybe family income supplement? It's just the kids are needing things and I try to keep a car on the road. Any advice and help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Hi, are you not getting one parent family? You should have been able to get OFP and half rate on the illness. This would give you €94 per week extra. You can only get FIS if you are working 19 hours a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 fuzzyhead

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Hi, are yDou not getting one parent family? You should have been able to get OFP and half rate on the illness. This would give you €94 per week extra. You can only get FIS if you are working 19 hours a week.
    How would I do this, do I get forms or just go into welfare office, that you so much for your advice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You can't claim OFP and half IB or JB anymore.

You get one or the other but not both

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

also with the new rules that came into play, if you are claiming OPF and change to it now, you are only entitles to it til your youngest child reaches 10 in 2013 and then reduced again to aged 7 in 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 fuzzyhead

im totally confused now am i on the right payment and also isE246 the correct amount for me and my two :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

fuzzyhead wrote: »
    im totally confused now am i on the right payment and also isE246 the correct amount for me and my two :confused:

yep thats sounds about right
    188 for qualified adult plus 29.80 for each child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^ yep as above you are on the right amount afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bernard bluff

hi all.i'm not sure i'm in the right place but anyway.i currently work 3 days per wk.i'm on the dole for the other 2 days.myself and a few other lads at work have persistently asked to be put back on full time work whenever we no that work is available.however the employer has instead employed an internship to do work that we can do.this amounts to keeping 4 men at home and on dole for 2 days per wk.is this legal r wat r my rights

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Report this to jobridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bernard bluff

is that goin far enough though?i think there are far more serious breeches of employee rights in this case.also an avoidance of the employer to give us full time work which in effect saves them payin PRSI etc.it's a scam whatever way you look at it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As above report it to Job bridge.In writing with all the details you can think off.
    There is no point in discussing this issue here.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement