Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROCKET LAUNCHER seized in Kildare. WTF

Options
  • 13-05-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

I just found out today that Two loaded rocket launchers, an assault rifle, ammunition and 9kg of cocaine have been seized during a raid in my home town.. What has the world come to.

According to RTE:

Two loaded rocket launchers, an assault rifle, ammunition and 9kg of cocaine have been seized during a raid targeting a criminal gang in Co Kildare.

The seizure was made by officers from the Organised Crime Unit following a search at a lock-up in a small industrial estate near the village of Clane.
    The army bomb disposal team are at the scene, which remains sealed off.

The seizure followed the arrest of four men yesterday afternoon with another 1kg of cocaine on the Naas Road.

They were suspected of being involved in a drugs handover and the total street value of all the cocaine is estimated at around €750,000.

The four are still being questioned at Clondalkin Garda Station.

The seizures and arrests are part of an OCU operation targeting a south Dublin drugs gang whose leader is currently based in Spain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Sounds like a good friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Jayus
    what RET btw

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they must have got it second hand from the shinners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pistols are so last season..

I wonder what impact this development will add to the "Would you carry a weapon ..." thread on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Darmstrong wrote: »
    I just found out today that Two loaded rocket launchers, an assault rifle, ammunition and 9kg of cocaine have been seized during a raid in my home town.. What has the world come to.

According to RTE:

Two loaded rocket launchers, an assault rifle, ammunition and 9kg of cocaine have been seized during a raid targeting a criminal gang in Co Kildare.

The seizure was made by officers from the Organised Crime Unit following a search at a lock-up in a small industrial estate near the village of Clane.
    The army bomb disposal team are at the scene, which remains sealed off.

The seizure followed the arrest of four men yesterday afternoon with another 1kg of cocaine on the Naas Road.

They were suspected of being involved in a drugs handover and the total street value of all the cocaine is estimated at around €750,000.

The four are still being questioned at Clondalkin Garda Station.

The seizures and arrests are part of an OCU operation targeting a south Dublin drugs gang whose leader is currently based in Spain.

Everything else in your post was grand ... but I dont get this. There have been RPGs knocking around since the end of the troubles as part of IRA Inc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Darmstrong

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Everything else in your post was grand ... but I dont get this. There have been RPGs knocking around since the end of the troubles as part of IRA Inc.

Sorry maybe its just because i live in Clane and its just its just such a small town and like not as if anyone EXPECTS to have a few Rocket Launchers lying around its just the town is just a wee town with like low crime and quite a high resident evolvement in the town's interest i just cant imagine someone storing something like an PRG in such a small town..
    Maybe its just more shocking because i live there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Darmstrong wrote: »
    Sorry maybe its just because i live in Clane and its just its just such a small town and like not as if anyone EXPECTS to have a few Rocket Launchers lying around its just the town is just a wee town with like low crime and quite a high resident evolvement in the town's interest i just cant imagine someone storing something like an PRG in such a small town..
    Maybe its just more shocking because i live there

Nah nah... I get what you're saying. Hell, if they discovered a pair of RPGs and an assault rifle in my neighbors house It'd shock me.

But you used the "whats the world coming to" aul one phrase ... a couple of RPGs pose no harm in terms of the world. Besides, I cant see two criminals actually using these RPGs. They'd be too scared.

The assault rifle maybe.

As regards the actual case, I'd imagine the Gardaí will be very excited to learn where they came from. RPGs arent something you can buy off the local thug for a few hundred. Definitly stock snapped up from IRA dumps when a few ex members decided to make a little profit.

Hope the judge throws the book at these drug pushing, arms dealing pieces of scum :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Darmstrong

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Nah nah... I get what you're saying. Hell, if they discovered a pair of RPGs and an assault rifle in my neighbors house It'd shock me.

But you used the "whats the world coming to" aul one phrase ... a couple of RPGs pose no harm in terms of the world. Besides, I cant see two criminals actually using these RPGs. They'd be too scared.

The assault rifle maybe.

As regards the actual case, I'd imagine the Gardaí will be very excited to learn where they came from. RPGs arent something you can buy off the local thug for a few hundred. Definitly stock snapped up from IRA dumps when a few ex members decided to make a little profit.

Hope the judge throws the book at these drug pushing, arms dealing pieces of scum :mad:

Oh no sorry i guess that was the wrong expression.. humm... I guess what i was trying to say was like what have we come to as a race that people find it acceptable to store RPGs in a small country town in the middle of Kildare.. No i dont think they pose a threat, i just mean like look at how destructive certain groups in society aim to be..
    Hahaha no, somehow i don't think they'd ever have been used but still, as you said perfectly, drug pushing, arms dealing pieces of scum, when i'm king they'll be first against the wall :P
    Yeah i can understand assault rifles, ammunition and cocaine but.. RPGs.. Sheesh

Advertisement