Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar shambles in Enniscorthy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fm230549

I have tried 01-2947900. There is a message saying that - Due to the high volume of calls they are unable to answer my call and suggest I contact customer service. I have sent 4 emails but without reply. Need to find a new refuse company. Any suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

fm230549 wrote: »
    I have tried 01-2947900. There is a message saying that - Due to the high volume of calls they are unable to answer my call and suggest I contact customer service. I have sent 4 emails but without reply. Need to find a new refuse company. Any suggestions???

Ditto here - same message. This is a completely unacceptable level of customer service. Greenstar are basically saying... we've so many complaints, we don't want to hear from you, our customers!!!

What sort of nonsense is this :(

Looked up their Facebook page as per the recorded phone message: It says

"**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO WEXFORD & WATERFORD CUSTOMERS**
    Greenstar would like to sincerely apologise to all customers for the service issues experienced this week with the integration of the Wastepal customers. We understand the frustration caused by not having your bins serviced when expected, especially over Christmas, but we ask you to please bear with us while we bed in the routes.
    We assure you that we are working very hard in the background with Wastepal’s owner-manager, Patrick Kinsella, to ensure a normal level of service resumes as of today. Patrick has been hands on during the merging of the new routes and will continue to work with Greenstar for the coming months to ensure the highest possible level of service for our Wexford & Waterford customers.
    Your valued custom is very important to us and again we want to reassure you that we are working alongside Patrick to do everything possible that we can to sort these issues out. Apologies once again for the inconvenience caused.
    Mary Moss, Greenstar Head of Domestic and Patrick Kinsella"

Hmm... looking forward to a refund or reduction of charges.

As it is, everyone has their bins out around here and don't want to take them in in case the truck comes. What I don't get, is that Wastepal ran a fairly good operation - they collected regularly and if they missed an occasional day, they came next day. The only time they didn't come was when the roads were covered in snow & ice for 2-3 weeks a couple of years ago but gave a few bob off by way of compensation. So you can only assume that given the complete lack of service the last week or two, that all their staff and trucks have gone?

BarryD wrote: »
    Looked up their Facebook page as per the recorded phone message: It says

"**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO WEXFORD & WATERFORD CUSTOMERS**
    Greenstar would like to sincerely apologise to all customers for the service issues experienced this week with the integration of the Wastepal customers. We understand the frustration caused by not having your bins serviced when expected, especially over Christmas, but we ask you to please bear with us while we bed in the routes.
    We assure you that we are working very hard in the background with Wastepal’s owner-manager, Patrick Kinsella, to ensure a normal level of service resumes as of today. Patrick has been hands on during the merging of the new routes and will continue to work with Greenstar for the coming months to ensure the highest possible level of service for our Wexford & Waterford customers.
    Your valued custom is very important to us and again we want to reassure you that we are working alongside Patrick to do everything possible that we can to sort these issues out. Apologies once again for the inconvenience caused.
    Mary Moss, Greenstar Head of Domestic and Patrick Kinsella"

Hmm... looking forward to a refund or reduction of charges.

As it is, everyone has their bins out around here and don't want to take them in in case the truck comes. What I don't get, is that Wastepal ran a fairly good operation - they collected regularly and if they missed an occasional day, they came next day. The only time they didn't come was when the roads were covered in snow & ice for 2-3 weeks a couple of years ago but gave a few bob off by way of compensation. So you can only assume that given the complete lack of service the last week or two, that all their staff and trucks have gone?

That notice was posted on 9th January, it is now the 16th of January and still no service.

I would not hold my breath for a rebate!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

I have heard Panda waste advertsing on SE radio, anyone switch to them yet??? what are they offering??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

got an ad from Panda, "6 months free" and then a "guarantee" of "20% cheaper than greenstar" for the rest of the yr.

sounds too good to turn down, as long as the contract isnt for more than a yr and you get stung next yr.

Murtinho wrote: »
    got an ad from Panda, "6 months free" and then a "guarantee" of "20% cheaper than greenstar" for the rest of the yr.

sounds too good to turn down, as long as the contract isnt for more than a yr and you get stung next yr.

Just changed to Panda. Offer was as above. It was a case of having to change as I have had no service from Greenstar since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

fm230549 wrote: »
    Just changed to Panda. Offer was as above. It was a case of having to change as I have had no service from Greenstar since Christmas.

They don't take glass which is a pity

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

anyone have a link to the costs panda charge or the areas they cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

bruschi wrote: »
    anyone have a link to the costs panda charge or the areas they cover?

I was talking to a rep the other day. They started in Gorey, they are canvassing in Enniscorthy now, and he said they were going to start in Wexford town in 2 weeks.

6 months half price, and 6 months 20% cheaper than Greenstar guaranteed. Seems to good to be true but that's the deal.

Also worth noting, the "pay by weight" legislation won't be coming into effect til 2016 now so this deal will hold good for a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Another small change from Greenstar, monthly direct debit taken out today 2nd Feb.

Wastepaper agreement was the 4th working day of the month.

I received no notification of this payment date change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

text messages also used to contain the remaining balance. this has not been the case since the merger.

Also got no response to the email I sent telling them about the missed pick up a few weeks ago. Prompt customer service too as well as bin collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Another small change from Greenstar, monthly direct debit taken out today 2nd Feb.

Wastepaper agreement was the 4th working day of the month.

I received no notification of this payment date change.

I received my Panda bins yesterday, and went online to cancel my Greenstar DD, only to see that they had already taken the month of Feb...2 days early. Píssed off big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I don't know if panda are servicing the Rural areas

Following a few problems at the start i.e. a gap of a couple of weeks with no service, things have picked up here and the service has been reliable since. Received a €25 rebate as follow up to complaint and renewed for coming year at a reasonable rate - so Greenstar seem to have got their act together in the Wexford Rural area around Bunclody anyway.

It might help them to provide an office in the south east to deal with public queries rather than running this from Dublin. And I still don't like 1890 numbers.. 01 2947900 is their Dublin no

Advertisement