Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cast Your Oxegen 2005 Headliners Perdiction

Options
  • 05-02-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Ok, attended the Green Day gig in the Point last Monday, as well as the Velvet Revolver one on the 12th of Jan at the same venue and ive just heard that Green Day will headline the first day at Oxegen (if you dont believe me check out the tour page on Green Day's official site). Anywaiz, here's the thing, im trying to perdict what bands will headline Oxegen. I have a few ideas, so hopefully people will add their own ideas below mine or just comment on mine, whatever, but lets see eh?

1. Jimmy Eat World
    Obviously Jimmy Eat World are going to have some connection this year with Oxegen for a couple of reasons. The first is because they're currently scheduled to perform in the Olympia on Mar 15th 2005 every other band who has been announced as a main act (i.e. Foo Fighters, Prodigy, Ian Brown) has been announced after their gig in Dublin. The second reason is because JEW headlined Oxegen 2 years ago with Foo Fighters and Green Day, and most logically will return to a Punk orientated headline spot.

2. Velvet Revolver
    Velvet Revolver have just announced a festival gig in Holland, and have said that they planned to do another European Stint in the Summer. They also packed the Point earlier this year. I for one would love to see it happen.

3. Ocean Colour Scene
    One of the suprise highlights of last year, OCS will prob return because of their overwelming popularity at last year's festival in the Green Room.

4. Audioslave
    Audioslave are performing with Green Day and Black Sabbath at Roskilde in Denmark the weekend before Oxegen. Audioslave have also been off the road for a while, and will be eager to return and mimmick their fantastic performance in the Point in Dublin in Jan 2004! The band sold out that gig and are pretty popular at festivals, such as Rock Am Ring, where they had to turn people away from their headline spot, a spot that clashed with Iron Maiden!

5. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Metallica
    OK, Oxegen is not a Metal gig, but seriously, if anyone can pull off an apperance at it its one of these three bands. I dont need to tell you why any of these bands would appear, because they are extremely popular full stop, but Black Sabbath is doing the European Circut this year, as well as Iron Maiden, and Metallica is just one of those bands that could do anything so you cant really discount them.

6. Motley Crue
    An outside chance but lets be realistic, cause on their website it says they are gonna do a festival tour around Europe in July and that would mean a stop in Ireland. The Crue have never performed in Ireland, so lets hope it happens, cause they put on a good performance and the people who dont like them wont care anyway, cause they'll prob be too drunk to care! On the other hand, they are an outside chance because it looks as if the main 3 headliners have been announced, so the chances of MC playing second fiddle to any of those bands is questionable?

7. Queens of the Stone Age
    Ive been hearing things, thats all I can say....

What do you think?

Which Band would you go to Oxegen for? 41 votes

Foo Fighters
    0% 0 votes
    Green Day
    19% 8 votes
    Prodigy
    21% 9 votes
    Ian Brown
    9% 4 votes
    All of the Above
    4% 2 votes
    None of the Above
    2% 1 vote
    I go for the atmosphere, not the music
    41% 17 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Eh Queens broke up last year. If anyone should be headlining it should be the killers so they can KILL everyone that's stupid enough to be there. Saying that I'd say I'll be there. The only band I'd go for there is Greenday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Yeah thats true, but I heard that they were doing something recently. Anyway, im only going for Green Day! They rule! Any idea when tickets are going back on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Voted Green Day, but I'd go for Ian Brown and Foo Fighters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

QOTSA didn't break up. They're releasing a new album, Lullabies To Paralyze, in March so there's a chance they could play. Though there's nothing about an Irish show on their tour dates section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

But Foo Fighters and Green Day are confirmed as the headliners.

Jimmy Eat World and The Killers are possible. I guess Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age and Velvet Revolver are possible too, to a lesser extent.

Iron Maiden and Metallica are definetly not playing, and I doubt very much that either Black Sabbath or Motley Crue would play.

Doubt Ocean Colour Scene would play aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The Killers be the *big* band of the summer methinks.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Expect to see The Doves, The Killers, Keane...Ian Brown is finished....useless..not worthy of any big venues.....Chemical Brothers, Mylo, Ash...They'll all be there....Michael Jackson...ahemm....Too Many DJs....

Green Day would be a great headliner...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

KdjaC wrote:
    The Killers be the *big* band of the summer methinks.

kdjac
    Yeah, hopefully with a *big* *exploding* *bus* at the end of it to finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

where does it say that about green day?

it says that Green Day are playing at Oxegen on the bands Tour Page, on their official site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

should somebody tell the organisers of oxegen tha green day are playing? The oxegen.ie site only lists the foo f's , prodigy and ian brown. im flying back from the usa just for oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It seems that the way people are predicting who is going to play oxygen that its going to become a hard rock americanised festival ...... eh no thanks. OK the Food Fighters are definitely going to headline but quite honestly the organisers almost certainly will want a British act to headline the other night (don't forget T in the Park in Scotland is its sister festival). I would say maybe someone along the lines of Franz Ferdinand or Stereophonics would probably be likely contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Franz Ferdinand I could take, but not Stereophonics.

Bloc Party are a cert to play.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

would love to see jimmy eat world again actually forgot they played at witnness, weezer maybe what are they at these days?
    also somethin like the bloodhound gang would be ace, oh yeah and thread starting person maiden would be too deadly. :D

Green Day Are Headlining Saturday! Its Happening. Official. Forget The British Acts, Green Day Are Headlining, And Foo Fighters Are Headlining. The American Acts Are Taking Centre Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Motley Crue wouls be sweet, but they'd probebly be headliners, if they were.

I was just on the green day site and it doesnt say anything about them playing?

S.

Does anyone wanna have a bet that Green Day won't be playing? They won't fact. Think logically, Food Fighters headlining one night = no frickin' chance of a similar American act headlining the other night. Green Day only played here last week for frick sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Does anyone wanna have a bet that Green Day won't be playing? They won't fact. Think logically, Food Fighters headlining one night = no frickin' chance of a similar American act headlining the other night. Green Day only played here last week for frick sake.
    That's hardly thinking logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hehe food fighters

it said green day would be playing on their page

• Advertisement

but now it doesn't say they are playing on there website?

s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

what about inme?

fitzer666 wrote:
    what about inme?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

fitzer666 wrote:
    what about inme?

I doubt they'll be back again...

I heard that the lead singer is in negotiations to replace Charlie in Busted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

greenday, foo fighters, jimmy and the killers all class, as for the prodigy saw them at witnness a couple years back and they were s*** and they tried to headbutt a security guard,does anybody want them there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

Saturday
    Audioslave (or velvet revolver)
    Greenday
    Prodigy (terrible)
    The Killers (terrible)
    Snow Patrol (terrible)

Sunday
    Foo Fighters (terrible)
    Ian Brown
    Queens of the stone age
    The Mars Volta
    22-20s

Well thats my wild guess as to who will play... dont attack me if im wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Volta wont be playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

oh we'll see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MogwaiFearSatan

Main Stage Sat.: Warlords of Pez
    Main Stage Sun.: Har Mar Superstar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement