Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Petition to get AC/DC to play Slane 05

Options
  • 17-01-2005 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

You heard it hear second....today Fm have started a petitioin to get AC/DC...the GODFATHERS of ROCK to play SLANE 2005. Click below and pass the word...

http://www.todayfm.com/Article.asp?id=61717

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That would KICK ASS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'll bet this "petition" was started by MCD. Today FM don't give a **** about Music, they're in it for the money and this is just a ****ty little ploy to build some hype about this gig "brought to you by MCD in assocoation with Today FM" so they can screw you for €85 per ticket...

...excluding booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

It doesn't matter who plays 2005, if it's any kind of rock band there will be more hype than Madonna last year, and it becomes very easy to bill the gig as a 'return to the roots of Slane' type affair. Having said that, it's been said for years that AC/DC would be the band to return Slane back to the good old days.

Did they charge €85 a ticket back in the good old days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

It *seems* to make sense, as it would tie in with the new album thats due out (every 5 years if judging on recent past), and is also the 25th anniversary type thing since Back In Black.

1990 - The Razors Edge (monster ****ing tour)
    1995 - Ballbreaker
    2000 - Stiff Upper Lip
    2005 - ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I'd pay 200 yoyo's to see AC/DC I ****ing love them. I hope they come I really want to see them in concert. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

According to Kerrang, the new AC/DC album is due in the winter through East West. It's Alison Curtis on The Last Splash (8 to 10pm, Sundays) that started it on Today FM, think the rumour mill started again and she was getting a lot of texts about it.

"Frontman Brian Johnson recently told Italy's 'Rock Hard' magazine that the new songs have harder riffs that 2000's bluesier 'Stiff Upper Lip'. He also revealed that he is writing the lyrics for the first time since 1988's 'Blow Up Your Video'."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Doctor J wrote:
    I'll bet this "petition" was started by MCD. Today FM don't give a **** about Music, they're in it for the money and this is just a ****ty little ploy to build some hype about this gig "brought to you by MCD in assocoation with Today FM" so they can screw you for €85 per ticket...

...excluding booking fee.

Yes, it's a cynical marketing ploy, plus a chance for Today FM to get a $hitload of email addresses...
    But if it means AC/DC are coming to Slane this year - happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would AC/DC fill slane? don't get me wrong I love the band but rock still seems to be a bit out of favour in Ireland. I think that to make it a success they would have to get a few really big bands on the bill, Velvet revolver, Axl Rose (or Guns n' roses as he likes to be known), QOTSA, SOAD and Iron Maiden will be touring europe around that time and i think all those on a slane bill would make for an excellent gig for the fans and very profitable day for mcd/henry mountcharles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

hope they do, ya gotta luv em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

marketing ploy or not i would kill to see them live!

€85 or €200.....count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I thinking Iron Madien as a possibility since they're allegedly headlining the Carling Festivals, which is held near/the same weekend as Slane usually is.

That would be animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I think AC/DC would do a pretty could job of filling it. There is a big support for them. There a great rocking band. I think they'd do it no problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

In another thread someone says that apparently Eminem is going to headlining Slane...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AC/CD AC/DC AC/DC AC/DC AC/DC AC/DC AC/DC AC/DC

AC/''MOTHERFCUKING''DC FOR Slane 2005...... please!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liverpoolfan

bring the dc to eire...this could be the last chance to see them live and they totally rock

Advertisement