Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Day Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Post up the set list? Or what you can remember from it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

started off with american idiot, then jesus of surbabia then holiday
    cannae remember exact set but amongst others played she, when i come around, wake me up when september ends, king for a day, are we the waiting, longview, boulevard, operation ivy song where they take kids up on the stage to play the song, we are the champions by queen complete with streamers exploding on to the corwd and finishing off with Time of your life by Billy on his own.

Sounds good. Except for ****in' Queen again. I figured they'd start off with those two songs alright. Can't wait to hear Jesus Of Suburbia live. That will be an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Can't wait to hear Jesus Of Suburbia live. That will be an experience.

Can i get an Amen?!? :D Should be f**king amazing live!

I also hope 'Time Of Your Life' will be performed this time round... i think everyone expected it at The Ambassador.

Ah, can't say I did. It was really more of them playing what they wanted, and playing stuff they don't usually play at the Ambassador. I certainly didn't miss it. They'll definitly play it at the Point gig though. This is the proper tour date. Which suits me down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can I get another Amen? (Amen!)
    There's a flag wrapped around the score of men (Hey!)
    A gag, A plastic bag on a monument

holiday is the prefect live sing along greenday song imo

not long now :D

Well, that pretty much confirms the support..

http://www.newfoundglory.com/events/
    1/31/2005
    Show Dublin, IR Ireland / The Point
    with Green Day
    See you all in The Point in a weeks time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Found full setlist from Amsterdam on 12th Jan.

American Idiot
    Jesus Of Suburbia
    Are We The Waiting
    St. Jimmy
    Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Holiday
    Basket Case
    She
    Minority
    Geek Stink Breath
    Walking Contradiction
    Stuck With Me
    King For A Day
    Longview
    Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
    When I Come Around
    Brain Stew
    Jaded
    Hitchin' A Ride

and encore was

We Are The Champions
    Time Of Your Life

Pretty similar to one in London that NME have up. But without Knowledge. Odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

any one feel lonely at the gig , ill be there on my own too.... :( .i be the tall drunk blonde haired guy proping up the bar.......prob will be in the mosh pit then killing all the teeny bopers , when i get enough drink that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hannable80 wrote:
    prob will be in the mosh pit then killing all the teeny bopers , when i get enough drink that is

i just *can't* understand why you'll be there on your own . . . please tell??

That set list the encore is a bit diabolical, should switch queen with hitchin a ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 malin782

he y hannable80, im gonna be at the gig aswell on my own :( because my bro is sick.About what time will u b headin out?Are u goin to the support act? call me on the night, around 7.30 on 0861727718

Malin..

I wouldn't post your phone number for everyone to see like this. Just a tip.

Can one of the mods please edit the post to remove his / her phone number?

PS - will see all you fellow Boards.ie-er's at the bar on the night? :D Let's face it... we should probably skip New Found Glory.

Think I'll watch them in the hope that they play their cover of "Time After Time". (At least I think it's them. Never was 100% sure.) It's brilliant anyway. The bar in the point is (was for Blink 182, assuming it'll be the same on Monday) over 21s. It's kinda ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

anybody know why its half six doors and what time it'll wrap up at in that case??

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

going to greenday tomorrow. super psyched. was one of the lucky ones to see them in the ambassador last august. they totally kicked ass. looking forward to a bigger show now tomorrow.

somebody posted something about the bars being over 21s. wouldnt worry about it went to see audioslave there before there were frickin 14 years olds running around the lobby with pints.

cant wait. this is going to rock the proverbial socks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

anybody know why its half six doors and what time it'll wrap up at in that case??

It'll wrap up at 9:30, so all the kids will be home in bed by the time its over. I got my real fix at the Ambassador a few months back, no kids, great set, good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

I still don't have a ticket. My masterplan is to flash my stub from the Ambassador gig and hope that the security guard is a bit slow. Wish me luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

go to bed! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Ah it was a good gig but what the fock was the story with the pit?? I was there from 4 o' clock and didn't get into the huge pit, a joke. Apparantly they were given out earlier in the day, how the fock was I supposed to know that?
    Bastards.

• Advertisement

Ah it was a good gig but what the fock was the story with the pit?? I was there from 4 o' clock and didn't get into the huge pit, a joke. Apparantly they were given out earlier in the day, how the fock was I supposed to know that?
    Bastards.
    Generally the passes are given out to the first however many people there. People were there very early. I got there at 4 too. Got into the pit by hanging around the entrance to it and being annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Yeah great gig, thought the set list was better that previous ones i had seen for this tour.
    thought St. Jimmy was highlight myself.
    Nice touch bringin people up on stage aswell.

If anyone can remember full setlist can you post it

Not in order but this is what they played...

American Idiot
    Jesus Of Suburbia
    Holiday
    We Are The Waiting
    St. Jimmy
    Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Boulavard Of Broken Dreams
    Minority
    Hitchin' A Ride
    King For A Day
    Good Ridance
    Brain Stew
    Jaded
    Basketcase
    She
    When I Come Around
    Knowledge
    We Are The Champions
    (You Make Me Wanna) Shout

Edit: And Longview

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

^started to piss me off a bit.

otherwise fine, mabye a litlle to formulaic.

ambassador tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It'll wrap up at 9:30, so all the kids will be home in bed by the time its over. I got my real fix at the Ambassador a few months back, no kids, great set, good night.

wrapped up around a quarter to 11 with green day playing at least a 2 hr set twas a good night, i rathered this over ambassador although it was full of kids, as for heeeeeyyyyyy oooohhhhh like weemcd said it really does get annoying after like the tenth time, other than that i cant really complain

Brock wrote:
    wrapped up around a quarter to 11 with green day playing at least a 2 hr set twas a good night, i rathered this over ambassador although it was full of kids, as for heeeeeyyyyyy oooohhhhh like weemcd said it really does get annoying after like the tenth time, other than that i cant really complain
    They only came on at 9. More like an hour and 40 minute set. And I don't know how anyone could have prefered this gig to the ambassador one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It was a mainstream show for a mainstream crowd. I'm disappointed there wasn't anything from Slappy or Kerplunk!

But all in all it was a great night. Can anyone remember the setlist?

foalteam wrote:
    You forgot : Letterbomb :D
    And: Time Of Your Life
    sure how could I have forgot :eek: :eek:

good riddance IS time of your life you noob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lazerskate

And they didnt play letterbomb!!!

Great gig tho!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

foalteam wrote:
    Were you there or did you go to the jacks just about then cos they DID play Letterbomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake the f.uck up! :rolleyes:
    Like they didn't play Good Riddance?

Advertisement