Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White kitten wanted :)

Options
  • 04-03-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

:p
    HI all
    I am desperately looking for a pure white kitten. It will have a very very loving home alongside my other beautiful cat, his best friend died a while back (old age :() and i think he is lonely and would love another pal for him :)
    I would prefer a female as he doesnt seem to get on well with other boys and also a kitten
    I will take one straight away and will travel to collect im in south dublin
    Please PM is anyone knows of one or has one :)

Thanks all
    L x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I will keep my eyes and ears open for you have a few friends with pure whites like my wee guy. You are aware he/she may well be deaf ? Is that a problem?

Bolger likes your taste in cats
    d3b30ac2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Are you willing to buy one and if so how much is your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Orlii13

Hello there (:
    I like the fact you want to give a cat a good home but i was just wondering do you have to be so specific about the colouring ? To be honest this post made me a bit angry because i love animals so much and have a few myself ! For example i think you wouldn't go about saying you want a white friend instead of a black friend so i think the same rules should apply, cause you might get on better with the black friend and just like the way the white one looks !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Orlii13 wrote: »
    Hello there (:
    I like the fact you want to give a cat a good home but i was just wondering do you have to be so specific about the colouring ? To be honest this post made me a bit angry because i love animals so much and have a few myself ! For example i think you wouldn't go about saying you want a white friend instead of a black friend so i think the same rules should apply, cause you might get on better with the black friend and just like the way the white one looks !!:)

Ahh here! That's a bit much luv. Are you making out the poster is animal racist :pac: :pac:

There is nothing wrong with the poster wanting a select type of colour.
    Same as if someone wants a brown and white dog or whatever. Or wants a certain breed.

I think pure white cats are absolutely beautiful but they tend to be deaf or alot of them turn out that way. With a kitten you might not know straight away. But if you had no problem with that then happys days :D

I've seen various kittens in rescue centres and alot can be white. You should check the Dublin ones and see if they have any. Plus they might have it all vaccinated and stuff for you. Handy!

All the best with finding one. I'd love one myself!

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ahh here! That's a bit much luv. Are you making out the poster is animal racist :pac: :pac:

There is nothing wrong with the poster wanting a select type of colour.
    Same as if someone wants a brown and white dog or whatever. Or wants a certain breed.

I think pure white cats are absolutely beautiful but they tend to be deaf or alot of them turn out that way. With a kitten you might not know straight away. But if you had no problem with that then happys days :D

I've seen various kittens in rescue centres and alot can be white. You should check the Dublin ones and see if they have any. Plus they might have it all vaccinated and stuff for you. Handy!

All the best with finding one. I'd love one myself!

My point was that people do think that white cats are nice and might therefore be in demand and will anyways get a good home i'm just looking out for the other scruffy little cats out there and make sure they get a good home too but personally i don't see why you need a specific breed of cat if you truly cared you would just want to give a cat a good loving home !
    If you get me hun !! :)

• Advertisement

Orlii13 wrote: »
    My point was that people do think that white cats are nice and might therefore be in demand and will anyways get a good home i'm just looking out for the other scruffy little cats out there and make sure they get a good home too but personally i don't see why you need a specific breed of cat if you truly cared you would just want to give a cat a good loving home !
    If you get me hun !! :)

I do understand what you mean but I highly doubt white cats are in demand esp with the whole issue of deafness.

Only seen a rare few pure white cats on rescue sites normally it's all tricoloured or tuxedo(black and white) or plain black ones.

So if anything if she gives a deaf white cat a home that's really good!

Don't think it's fair to say if they "truly cared"....the poster is going to the effort of getting another cat as one died and her/his current one is no doubt depressed without him. She wants to give a new cat a home that's a good thing no matter what colour she wants it to be. Plus maybe the cat that died was pure white and this way might be bit more acceptable to introduce to the current one. Though the cat might think his friend shrunk in the wash if you get a kitten ha :D:pac:

You can have a love of all animals but some certain types may end up being your favourite and there's nothing wrong with that.

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I do understand what you mean but I highly doubt white cats are in demand esp with the whole issue of deafness.

Only seen a rare few pure white cats on rescue sites normally it's all tricoloured or tuxedo(black and white) or plain black ones.

So if anything if she gives a deaf white cat a home that's really good!

Don't think it's fair to say if they "truly cared"....the poster is going to the effort of getting another cat as one died and her/his current one is no doubt depressed without him. She wants to give a new cat a home that's a good thing no matter what colour she wants it to be. Plus maybe the cat that died was pure white and this way might be bit more acceptable to introduce to the current one. Though the cat might think his friend shrunk in the wash if you get a kitten ha :D:pac:

You can have a love of all animals but some certain types may end up being your favourite and there's nothing wrong with that.

I understand you by saying getting another white cat as the other one was and if the two of them also got on it would be a good idea !
    But just from my own view i would want to give any old kitty a home x

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Just to let you know that pure white cats can be a little bit extra hassle.

Because of the lack of pigment in their fur they can get sunburned very easily, especially on their ears. This can lead, over time to a skin cancer. Even in moderate sun the ears can glow red with sunburn. The pure white cats that I know were driven to distraction by this.

This can be an added problem if you figure the possible deafness as a primary problem, as you can imagine how much cats like you putting sun cream on their ears.

Well in fairness if they were deaf they would need to be full time indoor cats(or at least have secure cat proof garden) wouldn't they? that's another thing to consider.

By being indoor cats they wouldn't get easily sunburnt....well unless they maybe sat at the window all day long getting sunshine that way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

Hi guys
    Thank you all for your replies!!!
    I have no problem with it being deaf, my beautiful cat who i lost a few months back was white, its the reason i want to try and get another.
    I know all the issues that come with having a white cat!
    Irish1967 Bolger is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!
    To be honest i dont think im being kitty racist, there is nothing wrong with wanting a specific colour :)
    All of my cats so far have been rescues as are my parents cats!!
    Vodkat Pm me!!!

Loopsie x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Some people on these forums can be a bit annoying at times. It seems like people think if you want a cat or dog or whatever you should just take what your given and not have a choice. What is the problem with wanting a certain breed or colour? So this person wants a white cat, there are other people that want a black cat, a tabby etc.

In fairness, fair play to the OP for wanting to adopt a white cat with the known problems it may bring, problems that would put other people off adopting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

There is nothing wrong with a specific breed/colour being your favourite! (or wanting a specific breed/colour)

Anyway there are cats and kittens of almost any colour that turn up in shelters (well there will be lots more now that kitten season is coming up...) so OP if you could wait a little bit longer the animal shelters will be pleading for good homes for all of the kittens.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Loopsie no i dont have kittens for sale, but I saw these cuties a few days ago and thought you might be interested. Really wish I could get another cat now!!

http://www.adoos.ie/post/14693524/beautiful_white_himilayan_kittens

Half way down this page is a white kitten called Solider and few more down there is a white cat called Cotton.

http://www.irishanimals.ie/cat_homes.html

There are also few that just say they have kittens to be re-homed and don't say what colours but you could call them up and ask?

Thanks Toni!
    Ill get onto it first thing this morning!!!
    Hope ur feeling slightly better about sniffles, good luck with the others todayxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vodkat wrote: »
    Loopsie no i dont have kittens for sale, but I saw these cuties a few days ago and thought you might be interested. Really wish I could get another cat now!!

http://www.adoos.ie/post/14693524/beautiful_white_himilayan_kittens

OH MY GOD IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!! hee hee
    Thanks Vodkat, ive emailed them already this morning. I would prefer to take one from a shelter but we will wait and see :)
    Loopsie x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

Hi Loopsie, please take care when replying to this ad as it most definately looks like a scam. Have seen many on this site, so i don't use it any more. Do not send money or give them personal details. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Wizard
    I got some replies back which were just plain WEIRD for people who were trying to sell kittens?!
    I was onto dspca today and kitten season is coming up soon so fingers crossed i can pick one up there as would rather take one from a shelter :)
    L x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

Hi Loopsie,
    Just wondering if you had any luck finding a kitten. There are 2 gorgeous ones on Gumtree.

Wizard01 wrote: »
    Hi Loopsie,
    Just wondering if you had any luck finding a kitten. There are 2 gorgeous ones on Gumtree.

hiya wizard no luck as of yet. are they white??
    L

• Advertisement

Still looking!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get in touch with one of the adoption consultants in the DSPCA. We're coming into kitten season, I'd be very surprised if they don't get any white kittens in and they'd be more than happy to have homes lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Loopsie wrote: »
    Seeeeeeeriously cute.......whats its name?Where did you find one in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

anniehoo wrote: »
    Seeeeeeeriously cute.......whats its name?Where did you find one in the end?

Couldn't agree more, kittie is like a teeny little bear. Worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Loopsie she looks very young - (e.g. under 8 wks) - is she still with her mum, or has she been inadvertently separated and come to you through rescue? I ask because there are some extra bits and pieces of information that you may find useful if kitty is < 8 weeks old.

Of course the pic could be a few weeks old and a few weeks does make a big difference - just asking out of curiousity and concern for ittybittykitty!

He is only 3 weeks old so im not taking him for another five! but i went and met him last night for the first time!!!!
    His mother is so beautiful!
    We currently have a cat called Kai (it hawaiin for ocean apparently) and keeping with theme i wanted to call him Popoki (hawaiin for cat) but my OH wants to call him Casper! No rush in choosing!! im so excited though 5 weeks cant go quick enough!!!

Advertisement