Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP-Urgent help needed

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can anyone give me a quick run down as to what it about?

Also what subjects do you need to do to qualify for it? Can I do it with theses French,History,Geography,business origination?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's an extra subject taken along with standard LC subjects. It covers the world of work (more or less). It's worth a maximum 70 points for CAO purposes.

Some information about it
    Another link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 LeCapitaine

Is it worth doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

If you do 5 higher subjects or less you should consider it as it s 70 points for a distinction

10 more than a1 at ordinary level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭FibbersON

It was an easy 70 points in my opinion, I had all the work done by the end of 5th year.

I qualified for it with Construction Studies and Business, the school got an amount of cash for each of us that did it, so we were sort of brain washed into it, in the end I didn't do a science subject, this limited me in college choices for Computer Science, so be wary about subject choice for the leaving. And courses you may want to do in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

I would certainly say it is worth doing anyway! Worked out great for me as two subjects didn't go all that well. So LCVP will be replacing them. Hoping for a distinction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Is it worth doing?

If you reckon you're gonna get more than 70 points in at least six subjects, then no.

And are you good at projects? 60% is for a write up of projects and stuff.

How did your JC go? How many A's and B's?
    Don't mean to be nosy, but if you've got brains to burn don't bother like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NKJCPM

Is it not 70 points ON TOP of the other 6, or does it count as 1 of the 6? Do economics and business count for doing this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

i wish i was told more about this in 5th year...
    we were told u cud only do it if u were doin lower level maths, and since i tried my hand at HL maths in 5th i couldnt do lcvp, but then i dropped to OL maths.

if i had known more about lcvp i wudnt have even bothered with maths...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

NKJCPM wrote: »
    Is it not 70 points ON TOP of the other 6, or does it count as 1 of the 6? Do economics and business count for doing this??

No it's definitely NOT 70 points on top of the other 6 subjects. Our skool told our year that it was an extra 70 points to try and convince more people to do it as the skool gets funding for the LCVP programme that it can then use for other stuff.

You use it in place of a subject in which you may have gotten less that 70 points. Economics and business are fine - that was my subject grouping too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NKJCPM

Oh I might take it then in place of Irish, that'll be a life saver for me, thanks man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

damn...I dont qualify for it! I do Accounting, Geog, Tech Drawing and French. :(

Advertisement