Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damsons

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I might find damsons in Dublin? Damson jam is the best and damson gin is pretty damn good too.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're more likely to get replies here in the Dublin City forum since your question is region specific.

*Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Absolutely no idea what a damson is but if you're looking for damson gin I'd suggest The Gin Palace on Middle Abbey Street. Over a hundred gins on sale and I'm almost certain they also sell bottles to take out. Probably pub prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Have you tried Fallon & Byrne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

The fruit market near capel st?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Damsons are rare and tbh most people who know of a site tend to keep it to themselves. I've never found in in the city and usually I have to travel into the countryside to find some. Even there they are rare to come across.
    If you do find any I'll gladly come along and share the harvest with you. :)
    Same for sloes if you are going to gather any of those.

http://forageireland.com/

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd say you'll find it difficult to source them as they are pretty much at the end of the season. My own were nearly over 2 weeks ago when I picked them, just got there in time.

If you remember next year at the end of August/start of September give me a shout and I'll sort you out, we have 4 trees at home and they never get anywhere near used. This year was an especially good harvest.

Advertisement