Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Frozen Meals Anybody?!

Options
  • 13-10-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

So...I bought a frozen meal in Aldi there...Sweet and Sour Chicken...and it was disgusting! Just curious if anyone could recommend a nice frozen meal and/or what one(s) to avoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

If I'm going for ready-made food, I'd always go for the chilled meals if possible rather than frozen. Cully&Sully and M&S do nice ones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

M&S chilled ones tend to be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

sadly we don't have M&S where I live

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A frozen ready meal is never gonna be amazing. And when you take the price of an m&s ready meal into account you'd be better of getting a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It's always handy to have a couple of portions of homecooked meals frozen for nights when you're stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sweet and Sour Chicken...and it was disgusting!
    Do you think it was anything to do with the cooking? i.e. hard chicken, overdone rice. I rarely follow the packet microwave instructions. Some have gotten better over the years, telling you to stir a few times, add water to rice etc.

I do stuff on medium power, or on high but leave it stand several times. I also leave them in the fridge to defrost a bit. Ice does not absorb microwaves very well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

rubadub wrote: »
    Do you think it was anything to do with the cooking? i.e. hard chicken, overdone rice. I rarely follow the packet microwave instructions. Some have gotten better over the years, telling you to stir a few times, add water to rice etc.

I do stuff on medium power, or on high but leave it stand several times. I also leave them in the fridge to defrost a bit. Ice does not absorb microwaves very well at all.

It might be that or it might be the fact it cost about a euro i.e. you pay for what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I find that the odd time I have a frozen dinner type meal, they come out 'better' from a cooker than a microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

Not frozen, but the chilled turkey and ham dinners in Aldi for €3.99 are lovely.

Advertisement