Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turmeric

Options
  • 06-10-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice please.. I've started juicing and want to add turmeric into the mix. Does anyone know is it better to have it fresh - as in turmeric root, or is the powdered, supermarket version as good? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GinnyR

Fresh has increased health benefit I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Thanks that's what I thought. Any idea where I'd get it? I haven't started looking yet but I've only ever seen the powdered stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Are you Dublin based? I have seen it in Fallon & Byrne, but I'd say check in an Asian/Indian food shop as they'd probably have it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GinnyR

I'd say most Indian/ethic grocers would have it quite cheap.

Fallon & Byrne have had some in earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I have seen it in some of the African food shops on Moore Street.

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Keep an eye out for it at your local farmers market/ organic shop. I got some at my local farmers market recently. I am not sure what it costs as the stall holder was so delighted that someone knew what it was that she gave it to me on the house.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for it at your local farmers market/ organic shop. I got some at my local farmers market recently. I am not sure what it costs as the stall holder was so delighted that someone knew what it was that she gave it to me on the house.

Thanks, I'm going to try the farmer's market in Howth at the weekend :)

Advertisement