Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE pull Virgin Suicides

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    ah tv3 covered that angle well ,instead of interrupting their programmes they announced he was dead while he was still alive :)
    Hahaha... So true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Virgin Suicides is a great album but not much of a movie I'm afraid.

On a slightly related point GuestHouseParadiso is on tommorow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

At least My Marty Wheelan on fair city dream was`nt crushed by RTE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I'd say they got rid of becuase of your one in America dying last week and all the woo haa there was over the assisted suicide thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

anyone remember when rte put on die hard 2 a couple of months after 9/11?

now you'd think they would have pulled that but not this but there ya go... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ah but die hard 2 is a fantastic film!!!

I remember them pulling a film after 9/11 but for some reason I seemed remember 'The Rock' being the film in question that got pulled?

(perhaps this is just a giant conspiracy against the Coppola family :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Pigman II wrote:
    I remember them pulling a film after 9/11 but for some reason I seemed remember 'The Rock' being the film in question that got pulled?

(perhaps this is just a giant conspiracy against the Coppola family :p )

I think it was BBC that pulled The Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I remember trying to watch The Simpsons on Sky after Diana died.

For weeks they had almost every episode cut to bits. Any car chases or referenece to Diana and the Royal family were just edited out.

Like the episode where Homer wants to get the free trampoline and he runs lots of people off the road trying to get there, they cut all that.

Oh my god that was one of the best episodes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wheels wrote:
    I'd say they got rid of becuase of your one in America dying last week and all the woo haa there was over the assisted suicide thing?

I'm assuming you never saw the South Park that was on that day. The whole episode was about Kenny who was now a vegatable and living off a feeding tube. Cartman was trying to get his feeding tube removed [mostly as he wanted his PSP] and Kyle/Stan were fighting against his feeding tube being removed.

They didnt pull that, why bother pulling a Film that was on a day or two later :confused:

Fúcking RTÉ.

the reason is rte are complete muppets id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

A silly reason to pull the film if the pope's death was the reason.

The ad for it really annoyed me though - "Doctor, you've obviously never been a 13 year old girl". What 13 year old comes out with that sort of thing ffs!?

That was funny , I was A slow developer dont remember bein 13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

I remember trying to watch The Simpsons on Sky after Diana died. For weeks they had almost every episode cut to bits

very true. although it's for a similar reason that i haven't seen one of my favourite episodes in four years. in spite of repeating virtually every episode by now, they haven't shown the episode where barney drives homer's car to new york and parks it at the world trade centre and it gets clamped. for obvious reasons they've never repeated that since 9/11, but it's an absolute classic, it's got steve grubowski, the snooty woman on the elevator, and my hero, the khlav kalash guy.

eeeew, i'll take a crab juice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the PC brigade really are marvellous. cut that, you might offend someone over there is East Timor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I was sitting in front of the television with my wife when they told us. Bastards. Only a half-hour previously on RTE 1 they advertised it. Something must have happened in that half-hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

for obvious reasons they've never repeated that since 9/11
    I've seen it at least twice since 9/11. And I'm sure it was after 9/11 because I remember noticing the towers and what have you. Great episode though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Virgin Suicides has been rescheduled and is now on this coming weekend afaik

was very pissed off when it was pulled too but luckily the local dvd shop had it in stock

If anyone's interested ...

FILM: The Virgin Suicides
    Channel: RTÉ 2
    Date: Saturday 16th April 2005
    Time: 21:00 to 22:45 (starting in 2 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
    Following the suicide of their youngest sister, the surviving daughters of the Lisbons descend into a deep state of mourning and a near obsession with death. Meanwhile, a group of neighbourhood boys becomes obsessed with watching the girls as they go through this difficult time.
    Director: Sofia Coppola
    Starring: James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst, Josh Hartnett, Michael Paré, Scott Glenn
    (Premiere, 2000, 15, 4 Star)

(wouldn't bother tho. Typical piece of Sofia Coppola toss, tbh)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

forgot to set it to record last time, already set this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Saw the virgin suicides a few years ago thought it was great! the soundtrack is excellent aswell composed by Air bit deppressing though but an exceptional movie none the less! Watch it.....I SAID WATCH IT.! :mad: :):confused:

wouhou lets hope they dont pull it this time!!

Advertisement