Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Music Practical-Technology

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm unsure whether to choose the technology elective or do the 6 pieces instead. I know music technology is 'very easy' but I do music outside of school and due to time constraints I can't attend the sibelius classes on after school. Is it possible to learn Sibelius for the LC on my own and how much work would I need to put in to it? Or should I just go with the 6 pieces option instead? I'm doing my grade 8 clarinet this year if it helps. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

If you're doing Grade 8 clarinet this year you have plenty of pieces to choose from if you go down the route of 6. The technology however is really very easy, I would suggest you download a free trial of Sibelius to see yourself how you find it. What you would have to do for the exam is input at a reasonable speed part of a score (nothing too complicated; maybe 2 or 3 parts). You can pick the score and practice with it all year.

You must be able to show the examiner how you would save and/or print it, and also be able to make 2 changes to the score. The changes must make musical sense, they can't just be random things, but can be very simple. e.g. add a pause sign at the end, change a note (remembering it must make musical sense), etc.

If you download the trial you'll see very quickly what to do there really isn't much work involved. Good luck!

Advertisement