Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Probation end?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Is this date two years after graduating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

thestar wrote: »

No, the clock starts ticking from the time you enter the college. This is the date that applies to your allowance claims also.

The two year probation normally goes without a review as in my case my Sgt came to me 6 months after the date had elasped.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

thestar wrote: »
    Your probation starts after you get attested and to your station. Untill you get attested your a civillian in training, you get attested become a member and start your probation.

Your probation starts after you get attested and to your station. Untill you get attested your a civillian in training, you get attested become a member and start your probation.

Sorry to correct you but your statement is incorrect

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator comment:

This is unacceptable. Please elaborate.
    tg123 wrote: »

11. Probation

A person appointed by the Garda Commissioner as a reserve member shall be on probationfor a period of 2 years from the date of his or her appointment.

If, in the opinion of the Garda Commissioner, the period of probation of a reserve member was interrupted by a significant period of absence from duty, the Commissioner may, before, or upon, the expiration of the period of 2 Years extend that member’s period of probation for such further period, as the Commissioner, having regard to the circumstances of the case, determines.

In each year of a reserve member’s probation, the relevant Superintendent shall carry out an assessment of that member.

• Advertisement

11. Probation

A person appointed by the Garda Commissioner as a reserve member shall be on probationfor a period of 2 years from the date of his or her appointment.

If, in the opinion of the Garda Commissioner, the period of probation of a reserve member was interrupted by a significant period of absence from duty, the Commissioner may, before, or upon, the expiration of the period of 2 Years extend that member’s period of probation for such further period, as the Commissioner, having regard to the circumstances of the case, determines.

In each year of a reserve member’s probation, the relevant Superintendent shall carry out an assessment of that member.

Guys can only state what I was told by my Super .Perhaps there is confusion regarding what is considered the date of appointment but my information is that this is considereded to be the date of entry to the college and not the date of attestation.

Guys can only state what I was told by my Super .Perhaps there is confusion regarding what is considered the date of appointment but my information is that this is considereded to be the date of entry to the college and not the date of attestation.

So its hearsay? There is no confusion on my part. In 2007 my probation started when i graduated and became an appointed/attested reserve member. You are not an appointed reserve member the minute you walk through the college doors. You are a trainee/student. On successful completion of your training you graduate, get appointed/attested and only then become a reserve member. You will not be appointed until you complete the subscribed training. Its all in the Garda Siochana act 2005 and the Irish statue book. Your first day in the college is your start date and going forward your date on when you can claim your allowence. I would also be grateful if you could please enlighten me as to what part of my previous statement is incorrect.

So its hearsay? There is no confusion on my part. In 2007 my probation started when i graduated and became an appointed/attested reserve member. You are not an appointed reserve member the minute you walk through the college doors. You are a trainee/student. On successful completion of your training you graduate, get appointed/attested and only then become a reserve member. You will not be appointed until you complete the subscribed training. Its all in the Garda Siochana act 2005 and the Irish statue book. Your first day in the college is your start date and going forward your date on when you can claim your allowence. I would also be grateful if you could please enlighten me as to what part of my previous statement is incorrect.

You do seem to be confrontational in this matter so will dis engage from the conversation. Can only assume that you as a Resereve are correct and my Superintendent is incorrect.

Hi Tg.I am not confrontational towards you at all. In your previous post you said you were sorry to correct me and that my statement was incorrect, yet you offered up no proof only hearsay from a super, i was/am mearly defending and backing up my post. I have explained it as best i could and i have directed you as to were you can find the relevant infromation, i have shown you the paragraph from the statue books, its there in black and white, how much more proof do you really need? In relation to your super you would be amazed at the level of ignorance there is still about the reserves after all this time, i still get asked all the time about what we can and can't do and this is from Sgts and inspectors who really should know. I feel we are to far down the pecking order in AGS. Any way lets move on. Regards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator comment:

There is nothing confrontational in the comments made by Harry Bosch. The post simply lays out reasons why he believes he is correct in this matter.

There does seem to be some uncertainty regarding the "...from the date of his or her appointment." part of the sentence. "Appointment" as a Garda Reserve, or to AGS from day 1?

This matter can be discussed in a mature and cordial manner should the two of you wish.

-Shield.
    You do seem to be confrontational in this matter so will dis engage from the conversation. Can only assume that you as a Resereve are correct and my Superintendent is incorrect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement