Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety

Options
  • 15-12-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Was out hunting the other evening for pheasant and woodcock. Seen 3 woodcock but 3 times the safety stuck on my gun. Time for a service I think. Any body know any good gunsmiths in the cavan area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tikka391

Padc wrote: »
    Was out hunting the other evening for pheasant and woodcock. Seen 3 woodcock but 3 times the safety stuck on my gun. Time for a service I think. Any body know any good gunsmiths in the cavan area?
    Hi. It might be a bit of a trip for you but you'd find it hard to get a better lad than tony curren from Ardee sports. No bull crap out of him very straight man. And I found good value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Hi. It might be a bit of a trip for you but you'd find it hard to get a better lad than tony curren from Ardee sports. No bull crap out of him very straight man. And I found good value for money.

Did u try removing the trigger as a whole and giving it a good lash of wd40. Had similar problem last year with an automatic and it sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Padc

Ardee is actually only 20 mins over the road from me so I might give him a shout. I'd be a bit wary of taking it apart myself. Is it a big job? Its a browning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

Padc wrote: »
    Ardee is actually only 20 mins over the road from me so I might give him a shout. I'd be a bit wary of taking it apart myself. Is it a big job? Its a browning.

Remove stock and should be able to get T it no problem just oil the bejasus out of it then dry it

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Try squirting a decent oil on the safety first. Brunox or legia.Not wd40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tikka391

For the sake of a few bob bring it to the gunsmith, he will fix problem and give the whole thing a service for you. Then happy, safe, Shooting from then on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Sika98k wrote: »
    Try squirting a decent oil on the safety first. Brunox or legia.Not wd40

Depends how bad it is.

If you ever have a chance to look at a new Glock, check out the gold grease that comes from the factory. You most definitely do not want to flush the good stuff out.

Chances are the OP has a lot of gunk in there. Probably, never cleaned.

I have shot a can of WD40 in firearms that were in battle field conditions, like a bog hole or on a boat in salt water. However, afterward, they got the Rem oil and grease.

Know your grease points and that too much oil can be just as bad as too little.

Advertisement