Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs meeting

Options
  • 21-04-2010 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I have been meeting with my friends in Phoenix park almost every saturday around 11am, Meet point is near Big White Cross (US ambassy). usually there is 3 German sheperds (two 9 mths old females and one 5 mths old male) , some times other dogs. If anyone is interesting just please send me message. There is only one rule dog has to be vormed and has all vaccinations, i hope i don't need to explain why;). i just add few photo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

:pac:What beautiful dogs. They all look to be having a great time. I am a gsd owner myself.
    But phoenix park, no muzzles, wouldn't take the chance on being fined. I would be looking for somewhere a little less public.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

You should be careful advertising this on a public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

If you want a dog park in phoenix park you should petition council to put one in place. It would be of great benefit to so many people/dogs.

Unfortunately GSD's will be on the official list of dogs not allowed in :-( but would still be worth getting a park in place.

Keep the pressure on your council and they may crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sambor

kildara wrote: »
    You should be careful advertising this on a public forum

Why?
    probably reason is that they will put GSD on this stupid list, I don't understand why? Our dogs are frendly and we try to keep away from other people in Phoenix. Depend from owner how is his dog, even Pudel may be danger. We have been meeting for last 6 mths and we hadn't any problems with Garda, Rangers or anybody else. Some owners keeping dogs in garden and they think this dogs are happy, Dogs needs exercises, special GSD. If anybody knows better place for that kind meetings we are opened, I choose Phoenix because there is a lot of space for dogs and easy keep them away from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Beautiful dogs Sambor.

There are many RB owners on this forum. In the past posts have been reported for TALKING about walking these dogs off lead, never mind telling everyone where you go and posting pictures of them and other RB dogs off lead.

You could be reported to a local warden and the unfortunate thing is that anybody can see this forum (including dog wardens btw) and there are some people who wouldn't think twice about calling the authorities to complain about you having read that post.

It's horrible but it has happened. I'm sorry.

Maybe you should edit your post?

Feel free to join the private RB forum (see my sig) so you can talk about your dogs more openly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Great idea and the best of luck with it. I wish there was something around Wickow the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

It's a really good idea. I wish we had something similar here too, my dogs would love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

sambor wrote: »
    Why?
    probably reason is that they will put GSD on this stupid list, I don't understand why? Our dogs are frendly and we try to keep away from other people in Phoenix. Depend from owner how is his dog, even Pudel may be danger. We have been meeting for last 6 mths and we hadn't any problems with Garda, Rangers or anybody else. Some owners keeping dogs in garden and they think this dogs are happy, Dogs needs exercises, special GSD. If anybody knows better place for that kind meetings we are opened, I choose Phoenix because there is a lot of space for dogs and easy keep them away from people.

There is already a law in place for restricted breed and GSD's are on the list so by law these dogs are not meant to be off lead in public and are also meant to be muzzled too.

So be very careful about advertising having all your doggies running loose in public parks like the Phoenix park as you will get some people complaining about having your dogs loose in public and you could run the risk of being reported to the local dog warden.

Oh just so you know, i own a restricted breed and i dont agree with the law but there has been instances where people were advertising walks like this and they were reported, so just letting you know to be careful.

andreac wrote: »
    There is already a law in place for restricted breed and GSD's are on the list so by law these dogs are not meant to be off lead in public and are also meant to be muzzled too.

So be very careful about advertising having all your doggies running loose in public parks like the Phoenix park as you will get some people complaining about having your dogs loose in public and you could run the risk of being reported to the local dog warden.

Oh just so you know, i own a restricted breed and i dont agree with the law but there has been instances where people were advertising walks like this and they were reported, so just letting you know to be careful.
    ok, thank u, I understand.

Whispered wrote: »
    Beautiful dogs Sambor.

There are many RB owners on this forum. In the past posts have been reported for TALKING about walking these dogs off lead, never mind telling everyone where you go and posting pictures of them and other RB dogs off lead.

You could be reported to a local warden and the unfortunate thing is that anybody can see this forum (including dog wardens btw) and there are some people who wouldn't think twice about calling the authorities to complain about you having read that post.

It's horrible but it has happened. I'm sorry.

Maybe you should edit your post?

Feel free to join the private RB forum (see my sig) so you can talk about your dogs more openly. :)

Yeah, it's horrible, We moved out Phoenix Park months ago, and now we are meeting in much better place where is more people with dogs then without. Some day we met in 4 GSD and people were join us so finally there was over 10 dogs (7 GSD).:D

Maybe we would try to fight for some place to meet with dogs. Last summer (yes, yes summer is gone:() I went to Poland 4 holidays and in city were I was born council made two places special for dogs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement