Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Documentation for scrapping a car

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

so I'm arranging for a dismantlers to take my dead Corsa away - what documentation should they arrive with? What documentation do I need to have when they take her off to the 'farm'??? Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭scrap_man

you give them the logbook and they give you an end of life cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Giving away money :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

remove discs off window if tax is in credit refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

greasepalm wrote: »
    remove discs off window if tax is in credit refund?

You have to have more than three months tax left to claim it back, under that they won't give a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ok so the guy that contacted me was adamant that he didn't have to give a cert of destruction but I was onto Shannon and they've confirmed they do - really just want her out of the way now at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

if he wont give you a cert , get him to fill in the VRC with his name and address and post it to Shannon. If he wont do that, he's dodgy and you shpuld avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

corktina wrote: »
    if he wont give you a cert , get him to fill in the VRC with his name and address and post it to Shannon. If he wont do that, he's dodgy and you shpuld avoid.

gonna do that - to be fair, once I got beyond the voice option yoke in Shannon, they were sound out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

some scrapyards dont give a cert there and then but on completion of destruction one is posted out i think by hammond lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, each manufacturer is obliged to provide you with an end of life option, here is the Opel data on the subject. There are six approved 'take back' facilities in Co. Cork, see the list (PDF download) on the right hand side of this website......

http://www.opel.ie/owners/good-to-know/facts/recycling.html

Advertisement