Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling from Heuston Station to Stephens Green shopping centre.

• 06-07-2010 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm travelling to dublin tomorrow and trying to figure out what bus number/luas/any other public transport will get me from heuston to stephen green shopping center(or near it) I've tried the Dublin bus site but having very little knowledge or Dublin means I can't even find heuston station on the map, Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

You'd be better off getting the luas at Heuston - travelling to Abbey street and then walk south over the river to Stephens green. About a 15 minute walk from abbey street. Some of the buses coming down O'Connell street such as the 14/14a, 48A etc will leave you off at the bottom of grafton street/dawson street but why bother when walking is nearly as quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

90 or Luas to O'Connel st/ bridge and 10 min walk up Westmoreland st, college green and Grafton st.

edit: nice walk from Heuston along the boardwalk either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

train to heuston and get the luas outside the station into abby street stop and stephens green sc is only a short walk across the liffey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The walk from Abbey St is fine if you're young, fit, and healthy. I would not describe it as a short walk. I know several old people who would not be able for it.

OP, get the 92 to Stephen's Green (Dawson St) and it's a 1 minute walk to the shopping centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/92/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks everyone! How long does the luas take to get from Heuston to O'Connell/Abbey Street? And how much?

I'm getting travel info as although I'm a quick walker I'd rather not get soaked if it's raining! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Or perhaps the OP could take the easiest option:

92 bus from Heuston to Trinity College, Nassau Street or Kildare Street and a short walk (it returns from St Stephen's Green North, Dawson Street or Suffolk Street).

Times are at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/92/

Time taken is about 15 minutes or less depending on traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Make sure to purchase your city centre add-on ticket with your train ticket!

And specify the 92 bus when doing so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm travelling to dublin tomorrow and trying to figure out what bus number/luas/any other public transport will get me from heuston to stephen green shopping center(or near it) I've tried the Dublin bus site but having very little knowledge or Dublin means I can't even find heuston station on the map, Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Take the Dart Underground. it links Heuston Station with the Luas lines. it goes straight to St. Stephen's Green. Oh wait, it's not 2018 yet is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

92 bus. The Luas for this trip wouldn't make much sense.
    Take the Dart Underground. it links Heuston Station with the Luas lines. it goes straight to St. Stephen's Green. Oh wait, it's not 2018 yet is it?
    I don't get it.

• Advertisement

He is being sarcastic and not in the least bit helpful to a straightforward question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Aard wrote: »

I don't get it.

As the planning application for this line was just lodged with ABP this week making it kind of topical I thought I'd jump into the future and imagine how we'd answer this question in a few years time.

Obviously my career as a comedian needs to be rethought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks all! Used both the 92 bus and the Luas( after doing some brief sightseeing )

Advertisement