Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 MPS owners: headlight bulbs easy to change?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭

Put the car through the NCT this morning. It failed on the offside side light; bulb appears to have gone. It was working on Saturday when I last checked it. These things happen and it's only a visual retest.

Anyone who has had one of these cars before knows that it's a fairly full bonnet. The manual keeps referring to the "authorised Mazda dealer" for light bulbs. I'd like to do it myself if it's not dangerous or requires small hands and long fingers. I have neither.

So:
    1. Has anyone changed bulbs in these before?
    2. Any pitfalls to avoid?
    3. Any recommendations on bulbs to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 esio1313

Im from Santry i can show you how to do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

No Pants wrote: »
    Put the car through the NCT this morning. It failed on the offside side light; bulb appears to have gone. It was working on Saturday when I last checked it. These things happen and it's only a visual retest.

Anyone who has had one of these cars before knows that it's a fairly full bonnet. The manual keeps referring to the "authorised Mazda dealer" for light bulbs. I'd like to do it myself if it's not dangerous or requires small hands and long fingers. I have neither.

So:
    1. Has anyone changed bulbs in these before?
    2. Any pitfalls to avoid?
    3. Any recommendations on bulbs to use?

I have big hands too and with no amount of fiddling, could get the bulb out.

In the end, it was a bumper off job! It was a few years ago, but if I remember correctly it took me over two hours from start to finish! (all to change a single fecking bulb!)

Follow a "how to" from one of the MPS or Mazda 3 forums

I cant remember what bulbs I used (prob OEM)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Same as a focus 1 bolt loosens and whole headlamp comes loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 esio1313

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

esio1313 wrote: »
    10 min job .

That is not an MPS in that video. That is a regular Mazda 3 with an awful lot more room in the engine bay! The bulb can be accessed simply by moving some small components behind the light.

Totally different on the MPS.

I had to follow the below

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=137.0

& this

http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=239993

which in fairness, were both very helpful but time consuming!

• Advertisement
Advertisement