Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

GreeBo wrote: »

Was bloody lucky he didn't get cut to ribbons by the barbed wire.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I pitty the poor motorist, must have scared the crap out of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Biker would have killed the driver/passengers as well as himself if they had hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My god, there's stupid. then there's that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I wonder is it stupidity or a serious mental deficiency that causes such little regard for self-preservation? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Why did he even cross over the centre line? Bike looked like it could have easily handled the bend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Why did he even cross over the centre line? Bike looked like it could have easily handled the bend.

He took the wrong line into the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

I've seen that video couple of days ago - much longer version - and I think it's been sped up to add effect. Probably to add drama or to sell to certain crowd.

The rider was riding sensibly for many minutes preceding this, however he overcooked that particular bend as he was caught up overtaking another motorbike - he had picked up speed to overtake and carried it to the corner. A genuine rider error in my humble opinion, but that's just that - an opinion.

PS: Here's the longer version that I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkuYg5qvPI#t=153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Interslice wrote: »
    He took the wrong line into the corner.

Crossing the line could have been caused by target fixation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

positron wrote: »
    I've seen that video couple of days ago - much longer version - and I think it's been sped up to add effect. Probably to add drama or to sell to certain crowd.

The rider was riding sensibly for many minutes preceding this, however he overcooked that particular bend as he was caught up overtaking another motorbike - he had picked up speed to overtake and carried it to the corner. A genuine rider error in my humble opinion, but that's just that - an opinion.

I dunno about riding sensibly, he seems to carry alot of speed into most of the corners.
    It reminds me of the young lad who crashes an M3 video going too fast for their talents and you can see the crash coming at some point.
    He has what look like one or two close calls where he is very close to the centre line as a car comes towards him.

One example is they don't even slightly slow down for a tractor parked facing them. You don't know what potential hazard might appear out of a farm gate. Im not saying stop but just slow it down slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

positron wrote: »

ah stop, he overtook the first bike on a double continuous white line in the wrong lane going around a corner with the word "slow" plastered all over the road, he overtook the second bike on a continuous white line with the word "slow" written on the road also.

he drove behind the other two bikes for a good long distance on much better roads and decides to overtake on the twisties :rolleyes: .

i'm not a perfect motorist by any means but he was playing with fire and he got burned. so lucky he didn't take the accord with him. what was he doing into the last corner like? listen to him going up through the gears, i'd say well north of 100km/h.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Crossing the line could have been caused by target fixation too.

Don't think so. Looked like he took the right option in the end tbh. Wasn't wide enough and came in too fast to make the corner staying on the left side of the road. The corner tightning like that caught him out, he was expecting a constant curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

That road is notorious for biker deaths and with riding like that there will be more deaths.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement