Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to clean stains out of a car seat

• 23-07-2014 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi i have two kids 3 and 6 and i bought a second had car back a few months ago. they have pretty much ruined the original seats from water they have dropped. Not i have lots of stains. How do i remove the stains with out stinking up the car and the car seats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If it was just water they dropped, it wouldn't leave a stain, it'd just dry in, there must be more than water. If they are badly soiled the best option is to get them wet vacc'd (covers the seats in a shampoo and sucks it back off alongside the dirt) Nothing else will give the best of results. Assuming you don't have your own, if you bring it to a valeting place, I'm sure they'd just do the seats for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Is there a good place in carlow? Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Have you any pictures?
    Sometimes water can dry with a tide line, and its the outline of where the water was that looks like a stain, even though its not a bad stain as such, and could be an easy fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Curran wrote: »
    Have you any pictures?
    Sometimes water can dry with a tide line, and its the outline of where the water was that looks like a stain, even though its not a bad stain as such, and could be an easy fix.

My front seat has that tide line after using water to wipe a food stain. Would be interested in options to undo that and hesitant to go at it as don't want to make it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

A very light APC mix or better yet a low foaming upholstery cleaner and do the area again...its best to do a whole section. ..the seat base for example to it gets wet and drys evenly.

Spray on, light agitation with a nail brush and soak as much up as possible with a microfibre cloth. Should dry out very quick in this weather but if you get around to it on a bad day...grab a few dehumidifier bags that you can pick up in the likes of Home Store & More for a few quid to speed up the drying time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 veidhleadoir

Need some advice re urine accident in car. Have tried bread soda, vinegar, car shampoo,hot water and soap but the urine has gone to the sponge underneath the car seat. Is my best bet to get a valet done or will it be expensive to get the piece of fabric and sponge replaced? Would appreciate any advice anyone can give me! Thanks!

Advertisement