Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU+ Solo and USB TV Tuner Query

Options
  • 23-07-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

All,

Anyone using a USB tuner with a VU Solo (Not SOLO2) ?
    Want to get RTE HD stuff on it.

I have the Playstation PLAYTV on my DUO2 and its 100%.

Cant take it out as its used 24/7.

Wanting to see what others are using.

Had Sundtek in the past ant thought they were rubbish...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

I use Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T on both a Vu+ Duo and Solo. Works pretty well on the Solo, although occassionally the sound drops out and it requires a reboot. The Solo is running an old version of Vix (3.x).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sundtek

dfdream wrote: »
    All,

Anyone using a USB tuner with a VU Solo (Not SOLO2) ?
    Want to get RTE HD stuff on it.

I have the Playstation PLAYTV on my DUO2 and its 100%.

Cant take it out as its used 24/7.

Wanting to see what others are using.

Had Sundtek in the past ant thought they were rubbish...

I think I remember your case, you just didn't understand that your tuner was for DVB-C I guess and the device might have been in DVB-C mode. Asking our support would solve such issues.
    I guess that case is 1-2 years old and there have also been some issues with some VU+ drivers which caused a temporary incompatibility. Anyway many things changed and even the installation got much easier nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

No I had 2 DVB-t Tuners. They worked about 50% of the time.
    Issues like
    black screen
    Picture no sound
    Tuner not detected
    Blank recordings
    Spinning VIX regularly
    Slow Channel Changes..

I definitely was using it on DVB-T. 100%.

I sold the 2nd one (they are easy sell thank god) 3 months ago and it was having the same issues then even on latest VIX with DUO2.

Now using PlayTV with 60-70 recordings on DVB-T and watching TV on it with Dual Tuner and never a glitch in 12 months... Love it. Dual Tuner for €30... Result...
    sundtek wrote: »
    I think I remember your case, you just didn't understand that your tuner was for DVB-C I guess and the device might have been in DVB-C mode. Asking our support would solve such issues.
    I guess that case is 1-2 years old and there have also been some issues with some VU+ drivers which caused a temporary incompatibility. Anyway many things changed and even the installation got much easier nowadays.

I'm not aware of any bigger issues this year so there must have been something wrong on your side then.
    Whenever there are issues our support can be contacted and usually things can be sorted out.

The issues you wrote do not apply to our tuners in a normal setup (and yes you can look through other forums and ask other users about it they will tell you the same about it).
    And again the tuners are not only DVB-T only and do not only support settopboxes either, the device which you had is already EOL for a long time 1 year at least (although still supported).

If you need DVB-T only yes there are cheaper choices out there.

Nice One....:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Its always the model newer than the one you have that solves the issues...

I'm not aware of any bigger issues this year so there must have been something wrong on your side then.
    Whenever there are issues our support can be contacted and usually things can be sorted out.

The issues you wrote do not apply to our tuners in a normal setup (and yes you can look through other forums and ask other users about it they will tell you the same about it).
    And again the tuners are not only DVB-T only and do not only support settopboxes either, the device which you had is already EOL for a long time 1 year at least (although still supported).

If you need DVB-T only yes there are cheaper choices out there.

• Advertisement

dfdream wrote: »
    Nice One....:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Its always the model newer than the one you have that solves the issues...

As I wrote the old ones are also still supported. And no there is no drawback with the old ones either. We put a lot effort into keeping up support for all devices after the chipset vendor decided to shut down.
    Well but you sold it anyway it was just a statement from our side if there are problems just get back to us and we can check it.
    We do not only support one Settopbox but many of them maybe just your combination had some issue with it who knows but that for our support is available.

OK...:):):):):)

As I wrote the old ones are also still supported. And no there is no drawback with the old ones either. We put a lot effort into keeping up support for all devices after the chipset vendor decided to shut down.
    Well but you sold it anyway it was just a statement from our side if there are problems just get back to us and we can check it.
    We do not only support one Settopbox but many of them maybe just your combination had some issue with it who knows but that for our support is available.

Advertisement