Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Rangers: Alexander; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace; Black, Hutton, McCulloch, Macleod, Little, McKay
    Subs: Gallacher, Cole, Naismith, Crawford.

Relatively strong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

1-0 Little, 3 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Charles Green on BBC complaining of injustice to rangers and he comes out with this beauty..."Many of these decisions have been driven by bigotry" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

This match is live on BBC Alba by the way.

Sky channel...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Sky channel...?

You would have to get the code and add it to your extra channels sorry I can't remember the code

1-1 each Jackson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Rangers: Alexander; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace; Black, Hutton, McCulloch, Macleod, Little, McKay

How many of these lads are expected to stay? Is the wage budget for the season public knowledge or would anyone be able to ballpark it for me?

1-1 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Charles Green on BBC complaining of injustice to rangers and he comes out with this beauty..."Many of these decisions have been driven by bigotry" :eek:

Ah yes, sure don't you know that the 15% of Scotland that is Catholic have infiltrated the higher echelons of Scottish football, media and HMRC with the ultimate aim to bring down Rangers. As a matter of fact Craig Whyte and David Murray are both undercover Catholics hired by Opus Dei to help achieve this aim.

In all seriousness though what an absolutely idiotic statement to make. Bringing religion into the equation by blaming Catholics is an absolutely disgusting tactic just to help him sell some more season tickets.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    How many of these lads are expected to stay? Is the wage budget for the season public knowledge or would anyone be able to ballpark it for me?

I think we might be surprised but Goian could go

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Goian, Bocanegra expected to leave.

We just signed Ian Black at 8k per week, but any new signings will be less with the exception of Dean Shiels.

Ah yes, sure don't you know that the 15% of Scotland that is Catholic have infiltrated the higher echelons of Scottish football, media and HMRC with the ultimate aim to bring down Rangers. As a matter of fact Craig Whyte and David Murray are both undercover Catholics hired by Opus Dei to help achieve this aim.

In all seriousness though what an absolutely idiotic statement to make. Bringing religion into the equation by blaming Catholics is an absolutely disgusting tactic just to help him sell some more season tickets.

You do know it doesn't have to be religious bigotry ;) He never mentioned RC's so stop being paranoid

Green never mentioned religion, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Just found out...

If anyone wants BBC Alba on their Sky Box:

Other channels ->10818 V 22000 5/6 :)

Taking higher league opposition to extra time oh yeah :)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Has been pretty bad so far, but apart from some games between closed doors we've had **** all friendlies.

Good to see that the usual sites have a game like Brechin v Rangers on though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The lack of match fitness is apparently.clear, as is the need for one or two players to get used to the physical side of the game at this level.
    An extra 30mins might do us a favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Taking higher league opposition to extra time oh yeah :)

:pac:

I'm sure Charlie Green would've preferred a lucrative replay!

Yasss, McCulloch :D

Job done, result more important than performance considering the circumstances.

Green never mentioned religion, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

no he didnt specifically but what do you think of that quote?

• Advertisement

Rob Maclean "It's 106 year old Brechin v weeks old Rangers" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Green is just playing to the lowest denominator of Rangers fans, just like McCoist a few days ago

Green is just playing to the lowest denominator of Rangers fans, just like McCoist a few days ago

Nonsense to both parts Ally wants to fight for the titles nothing wrong in that much fairer than not being allowed a defence. As for Green you don't know whats been said behind closed doors anymore than the rest of us.

Super Ally says 'Rangers will never accept being stripped of their titles'. Really? Even if Rangers were found to be cheating? Maybe he should ask on Question of Sport in the 'what happens next' section. That is not fighting for titles, that is head buried in the sands and it plays to those Rangers fans who think Rangers did nothing wrong and everyone is out to get them!

Green should be told that it is not bigotry for a club to be punished for their misdominers. This is just another example of the victimhood mentality that is all over the new Rangers. Green thought he would waltz in, buy the assets of Rangers, set up a new club and transfer straight into the SPL. He has some cheek coming out with that nonsense.

Super Ally says 'Rangers will never accept being stripped of their titles'. Really? Even if Rangers were found to be cheating? Maybe he should ask on Question of Sport in the 'what happens next' section. That is not fighting for titles, that is head buried in the sands and it plays to those Rangers fans who thing Rangers did nothing wrong!

Green should be told that it is not bigotry for a club to be punished for their crimes. This is just another example of the victimhood mentality that pervates the new Rangers. Green thought he would waltz in, buy the assets of Rangers, set up a new club and transfer straight into the SPL. He has some cheek coming out with that nonsense.

Of course he says that its not hard to understand how he feels but I believe like most of us he at least wants a chance for the club to put up a defense and even murderer's get that

As for Green he said to day in the interview he gave at half time that he vastly underrated the task he had again it comes down to whether you believe they should be punished without a fair hearing and he has every right to fight for at least that

Of course he says that its not hard to understand how he feels but I believe like most of us he at least wants a chance for the club to put up a defense and even murderer's get that

As for Green he said to day in the interview he gave at half time that he vastly underrated the task he had again it comes down to whether you believe they should be punished without a fair hearing and he has every right to fight for at least that

I actually think they should be punished with punishments that have been set down in stone and agreed by the league earlier. Some of that has happened and McCoist did not like it at all [the panel and how they operate was agreed last year by Rangers and the rest of the SPL]. Again McCoist was allowed to get away with that nonsense as he 'demanded to know the names of the panel'. He was and still is playing to the gallery and gets such an easy ride from the media in Scotland.

I actually think they should be punished with punishments that have been set down in stone and agreed by the league earlier. Some of that has happened and McCoist did not like it at all [the panel and how they operate was agreed last year by Rangers and the rest of the SPL]. Again McCoist was allowed to get away with that nonsense as he 'demanded to know the names of the panel'. He was and still is playing to the gallery and gets such an easy ride from the media in Scotland.

The problem was is there wasn't a list of punishments there should have been so the SPL/SFA have been making it up as they go along. Yes I agree he plays to the gallery to a certain extent it doesn't make him a bad person though.

Fair enough if after a hearing and we are found guilty and stripped of titles I will have no complaints but as long as Regan and Doncaster are in their jobs then I don't hold any hope for the future of Scottish football they are both inept

You mean like people who claim that referees are out to get them ?

McCoist only complained about Regan, Doncaster and how the SPL only wanted to keep us in for monetary reasons, nothing wrong with that.

Are you saying McCosit did not say 'Rangers will never accept being stripped of their titles'?

In other news, I see the scummy element of the old Rangers support has now transferred to the new Rangers support. Talk about obsessive behaviour!

fc06f206.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Are you saying McCosit did not say 'Rangers will never accept being stripped of their titles'?

In other news, I see the scummy element of the old Rangers support has now transferred to the new Rangers support. Talk about obsessive behaviour!

fc06f206.jpg

jaysus. that'll be disciplinary action surely

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »

fc06f206.jpg

jaysus. that'll be disciplinary action surely

Yeah the same action that will be taken against the GB for there banner depicting Rangers fans getting shot by a rifleman both sides have an elelement that's not needed

As far as i'm aware, the club, and division 3 as a whole, are not harbouring anyone on the sex offenders register are they?

Not sure what they could discipline them for tbh.

I wonder if he'll have as much interest in the game on Sunday? I'll be looking out for his tweets

;)

Frank&Ronald de Boer ‏@FrankRonald1970

Congrats @RFC_Official . This is the first step back to the SPL. It's a long way but we r confident RFC will come back strong and healthy.

;)

And of course you have some Celtic fans giving them abuse over it, because how dare they like a former club.

And we're being accused of obsession ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Are Rangers fans worried this guy is involved in the new club?

I'm a neutral who doesn't give a monkeys who wins the SPL, but looking from the outside in, he sounds like he is talking out of his arse. Am I right?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Frank&Ronald de Boer ‏@FrankRonald1970

Congrats @RFC_Official . This is the first step back to the SPL. It's a long way but we r confident RFC will come back strong and healthy.

;)

And of course you have some Celtic fans giving them abuse over it, because how dare they like a former club.

And we're being accused of obsession ? ;)

I dont see anyone giving him abuse, perfectly natural position for him. And
    please can we put a stop to this 'yeez are all obsessed with us' from both sides, it's childish in the extreme

please can we put a stop to this 'yeez are all obsessed with us' from both sides, it's childish in the extreme

Sadly though, it's kinda true - for many on both sides.

@FrankRonald1970 @rfc_official @stevendick2 what are you a spastic you shilly Dutch bashtard it was a cup game no league points won today
    Expand

Jelle1880 wrote: »

@FrankRonald1970 @rfc_official @stevendick2 what are you a spastic you shilly Dutch bashtard it was a cup game no league points won today
    Expand
    Hhmm must be missing something I don't see anything about points won in the first tweet methinks the guy who replied had had to much cheap wine

• Advertisement

Buckfast is a dangerous drink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Eirebear wrote: »
    As far as i'm aware, the club, and division 3 as a whole, are not harbouring anyone on the sex offenders register are they?

are you honestly trying to tell us that this isn't alluding to the disgusting incident involving Alan Brazil that all decent celtic fans have denounced? :eek:

Christ you lot are obsessed ;)

are you honestly trying to tell us that this isn't alluding to the disgusting incident involving Alan Brazil that all decent celtic fans have denounced? :eek:

LOL we are obsessed tell that to the GB and the banner they had see four posts or so back

both sided have "fans" that are as bad as each other

Ah forget it

Did i say that?
    :confused:

Well call me crazy but i don't find child abuse a suitable topic in which to pursue one-upmanship

Well call me crazy but i don't find child abuse a suitable topic in which to pursue one-upmanship

Your right its not but then again IMO neither are banners about shooting people very suitable

• Advertisement

Your right its not but then again IMO neither are banners about shooting people very suitable
    as far as I'm aware nobody on this forum defended their perceived right to display that banner, but I may be wrong

as far as I'm aware nobody on this forum defended their perceived right to display that banner, but I may be wrong

And as far as I am aware nobody has defended the banner displayed yesterday it was just stated no action taken

Eirebear wrote: »

I see this as Eirebear, a usually quite sensible poster, defending the banner.

I see this as Eirebear, a usually quite sensible poster, defending the banner.

Well I would disagree but the only one who can say for sure is EB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Yeah the same action that will be taken against the GB for there banner depicting Rangers fans getting shot by a rifleman both sides have an elelement that's not needed

Do you ever respond to criticism of your club without engaging in whataboutery.

I expect that the new Rangers will be made to accept stripping of some titles, otherwise the moniker of Scotland's Shame will also transfer to the new Rangers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement