Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling rubbish or junk

Options
  • 27-09-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Just saw something on facebook about a guy who was selling a lot of 2nd hand stuff and then not as described.

Basically he has a business where he will come and take away your rubbish, junk, cut grass, hedge trimmings.

Its obvious that he is selling the stuff that he finds on these jobs.

It got me thinking, what is the laws view on this.

Is it a case that he is now the owner of the junk or is it that the person is paying for it to be disposed of and then it doesnt.

Not even sure a law applies for something like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I will never recover that 10 seconds.

Why does it matter? As long as the "rubbish" is not being illegally dumped, or stolen for sale. Waste not, want not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think it's called recycling, it's perfectly legal.

If people pay him to take stuff away because they're too lazy/proud/wealthy to bring it to a car boot sale and he can sell it on then good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The latest craze is upcycling

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Anyone collecting waste needs a waste collection permit. This also applies to recyclables.

Advertisement