Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project x The forest party Scam???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

20 euro tickets and they don't even tell you where it is on :P Sounds really dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Id never give money for that crap. I also think we will be reading about this on the papers later on in the week, not in a good way either.

This type of crack spells trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I was just reading their facebook, The amount of idiots handing over money, and the website is even worse fake written all over it and people handing over credit card details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I was just reading their facebook, The amount of idiots handing over money, and the website is even worse fake written all over it and people handing over credit card details.

Ah people give money to that havent two brain cells to rub together. Them poor people I pitty them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It's run by Midnight events, they run a load of nights already in Dublin so I'd consider it safe in fairness. That said it's already been cancelled due to the Gards apparently.

• Advertisement

RMD wrote: »
    It's run by Midnight events, they run a load of nights already in Dublin so I'd consider it safe in fairness. That said it's already been cancelled due to the Gards apparently.

Surprise, Surprise would happen to any illegal rave, and then charging for the privilege? Id hate to see any other event they run if they thought they could get away with that muppets:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

20 euro tickets and they don't even tell you where it is on :P Sounds really dodgy.

not really, there's been lots of these type of events in the past, and i know of a few in the future, and they've mostly passed off absolutely fine. they're usually put on by various established clubnight promoters.
    no idea about this particular one, but I know of ones which have had 500+ people at them and been grand, including a few run in locations that the guards were well aware off. it all depends on how they've gone about organising it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Did people get their money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BrianB4

The reason this got shut down is because 4000+ people said they were attending on Facebook! The event was only set up for the attendance of 1000 people and they had Garda clearance for that capacity but the Garda assumed that a lot of people would have crashed it and it would have ended in tears!

Midnight is a legit company and it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, student event organising firm in the country. All of the money was refunded. Event Elephant is also a reputable website so the claims that some of the people in this thread are making are very broad, ridiculous and misinformed.

BrianB4 wrote: »
    The reason this got shut down is because 4000+ people said they were attending on Facebook! The event was only set up for the attendance of 1000 people and they had Garda clearance for that capacity but the Garda assumed that a lot of people would have crashed it and it would have ended in tears!

Midnight is a legit company and it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, student event organising firm in the country. All of the money was refunded. Event Elephant is also a reputable website so the claims that some of the people in this thread are making are very broad, ridiculous and misinformed.

In fairness Brian when a location of a rave is not posted, It means illegal forest rave, and then charging people for a rave had some of us wondering, can you blame us ? but you said your part and the thats fair enough, Biggest student event company? maybe in Dublin:)

• Advertisement

In fairness Brian when a location of a rave is not posted, It means illegal forest rave, and then charging people for a rave had some of us wondering, can you blame us ? but you said your part and the thats fair enough, Biggest student event company? maybe in Dublin:)

The reason the location wasn't specified is because it was meant to be a secret to all but the 1000 in possession of the tickets. Ticket holders were to meet at the designated bus locations and the bus would drive them to the location! And can you name a bigger students event company? I don't mean that in a cheeky manner by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

And can you name a bigger students event company?

Signature Group in my eyes is far larger and runs better events than yourselves. Just my opinion as I've regularly gone to events run by both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The reason the location wasn't specified is because it was meant to be a secret to all but the 1000 in possession of the tickets. Ticket holders were to meet at the designated bus locations and the bus would drive them to the location! And can you name a bigger students event company? I don't mean that in a cheeky manner by the way

Just wondering how 1000 people were meant to get there by bus??

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Just wondering how 1000 people were meant to get there by bus??

There was several bus locations and a good few buses at each location

No hassle, thanks for clearing it up:)

Advertisement