Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rave in Knock

• 08-03-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

If there is anyone interested in playing a set at a Rave in Knock at Easter please let us know.

We are looking primarily for Trance, Acid House, Christian Techno and Dubstep DJs. Check out our site to at www.knockrave.co.nr and you'll see what kind of stuff we do.
    Drop us a mail at knockrave@gmail.com if you want to get involved.

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

bobmcginty wrote: »
    Hi all,

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

I looked over the site yesterday, it is at an undisclosed location until the night before yes?

I think publicly advertsing for DJ's to get in touch for a set at the Gig is one sure fire way for it to be infiltrated by the police as to the location!

I would erase the post if i were you if you want this to actually go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Hi all,

If there is anyone interested in playing a set at a Rave in Knock at Easter please let us know.

We are looking primarily for Trance, Acid House, Christian Techno and Dubstep DJs. Check out our site to at www.knockrave.co.nr and you'll see what kind of stuff we do.
    Drop us a mail at knockrave@gmail.com if you want to get involved.

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

Much prefer pagan techno myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

Our promoter assures us that if the rave goes ahead it will be legit. We are exploring all possibilities permits/licenses/security etc.

Also the farmer who is providing the animals is 100% behind the project as long as the animals are returned the next morning if that is what you are referring to. All a bit of harmless fun. The few DJs that have approached us so far are also very positive about the event and are fully committed to it.

We have organised a similar gathering in the past and it was a major success

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Our promoter assures us that if the rave goes ahead it will be legit. We are exploring all possibilities permits/licenses/security etc.

Also the farmer who is providing the animals is 100% behind the project as long as the animals are returned the next morning if that is what you are referring to. All a bit of harmless fun. The few DJs that have approached us so far are also very positive about the event and are fully committed to it.

Wtf? - What do you plan doing to the animals? :confused:

Also, why Christian techno? - Can the other genres have another religious preference but not techno? Plus, Wtf is Christian techno?!

You should get this guy over for the night:D

• Advertisement

Ok a quick google and I've discovered there is actually a specific Christian techno following, you learn something everyday. Those who are interested might want to sign up to Gods DJs... I honestly had to stop for a bit to consider if this was a pisstake but it seems to be legit.

http://www.godsdjs.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I have some deep shinto house? or some minimal mormon?

eZe^ wrote: »
    I have some deep shinto house? or some minimal mormon?

Hindu hardcore, Bhuddist breakbeat..........i'll stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

as an aside ..... Luke Hess who does some pretty tasty Detroit techno would be openly Christian though you'll hardly get him to play a rave in Knock. I'm hoping to catch up with him in Berlin next month though that will be too late to ask.

Hindu hardcore, Bhuddist breakbeat..........i'll stop now

Druid Dubstep (wub one another)

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    Druid Dubstep (wub one another)

Tao Trance......im really stopping now

as an aside ..... Luke Hess who does some pretty tasty Detroit techno would be openly Christian though you'll hardly get him to play a rave in Knock. I'm hoping to catch up with him in Berlin next month though that will be too late to ask.

To be honest we are trying to keep it as local as possible with our DJs. I'm not familiar with Luke Hess. Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno. We couldn't justify the expenses of flying in international talent in any case as our budget is fairly tight as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno.

Haha, that is brilliant. Can't be having any of that Baptist Techno, can you?

Tell me this though, why do Christians feel the need to set up events like these or get involved in the world of dance music at all? Can't techno be left to our debauched youth to take drugs and dance until their brains seep out their ears, lost in a reverie of narcotics, without the fear of cows or catholics passing near them?

You might consider a vulcan religious set

I hear spock spins some mean tunes,

195639.jpg

To be honest we are trying to keep it as local as possible with our DJs. I'm not familiar with Luke Hess. Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno. We couldn't justify the expenses of flying in international talent in any case as our budget is fairly tight as it is.

see now I know you're having a laugh :)

why do Christians feel the need to set up events like these or get involved in the world of dance music at all?

The event will cater to Christian and Secular Techno fans alike. The project is based on the credence that holding a gathering at such a sacred and spiritual focal point as Knock could possibly elevate and glorify the collective aura of all who are present. Its experimental in theory

see now I know you're having a laugh :)

Its all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt! If we are promoting young Irish Djing talent and creating a bit of Christian awareness at the same time sure then where's the harm in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Acid laced holy bread and buckfast out of the chalice, you could be on to something op. ;)

Getting off your tits and partying should always be a strictly secular activity imo… I'm too impressionable when I've a tonne of mdma swirling around my bloodstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

On the subject of religious (or spiritual) electronic music. Rhythm & Sound's (Basic Channel) back catalogue is amongst the deepest, most reverent electronic music there is. w/ The Artists and See Mi Yah are sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Shur God is a DJ, I thought everyone knew that

tumblr_lbbximW0Dh1qb7v0no1_500.jpg

Shur God is a DJ, I thought everyone knew that

Only Faithless fans think that and everyone knows they're mild to severely retarded. 'Monged out' as an expression came from someone attending one of their gigs. They didn't realise that the crowd was entirely sober.

Getting back to the point we do take this event pretty serious and the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads. I assure you we can party just as hard as our secular counterparts.

Just so as not to confuse - the event itself will be a fairly traditional rave experience and pretty full-on just with a slight Christian undercurrent (given the setting and context)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

Stumbled across this thread by accident-best laugh I've had in years :D:D

Getting back to the point we do take this event pretty serious and the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads. I assure you we can party just as hard as our secular counterparts.

Just so as not to confuse - the event itself will be a fairly traditional rave experience and pretty full-on just with a slight Christian undercurrent (given the setting and context)

Giving the fact that the Mary is slap bang in the middle of your website and on your facebook page, I doubt there's anything slight about it. On your facebook page you mention Kevin Choo as your treasurer and in the gigs & events forum, he's posting about the event, shilling it while pretending to know nothing about it. Is that not a bit dishonest? Will he have to go confession over that?

Giving the fact that the Mary is slap bang in the middle of your website and on your facebook page, I doubt there's anything slight about it. On your facebook page you mention Kevin Choo as your treasurer and in the gigs & events forum, he's posting about the event, shilling it while pretending to know nothing about it. Is that not a bit dishonest? Will he have to go confession over that?

Leave Kevin Choo out of this man. As well as being our treasurer he is also our publicist. Having not seen his posts myself I'd only be speculating but I presume he was just drumming up a bit of harmless exposure (which he obviously succeeded in doing). Bless the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

this thread has me in stitches lads, good work ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Tao Trance......im really stopping now

I'm late to the party... Vatican Snares?

• Advertisement

the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads.

If you're gonna mention 'Christian Techno' in an electronic music forum then you'll just have to deal with the fallout. Laughing at religion and religious icons carries none of the taboo it once did. You're on here promoting something which many people, myself included, would consider insular, detached and (if it's anything like 'Christian Rock') with the potential to undermine the cultural pluralism that dance music represents. In short, some people will find Christian EDM hard to stomach. Nonetheless, I wish you well and I hope it's a great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Introducing christanity to any event is the best way for it to lose any street cred and make people avoid it. If you want people to turn up, you should drop the whole christian element altogether.

I'd say it would probably go down well in the States tho, seem to be mad for Christianity over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Hey I have impeccable Christian credentials - PM for details.

I do a mean Christian Dubstep set.

Get in touch!

Hey I have impeccable Christian credentials - PM for details.

I do a mean Christian Dubstep set.

Get in touch!

Wubb Wubb Woompa Woompa Jesus Christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

what are Jesus' veiws on breaking the laws of the land, if you are harming no-one else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Illegal substances been bought & sold,hardcore drug referenced music thumping out over the crowd,heightened state of euphoria brought on by the mix of the music,the drugs,the togetherness,the air filled with the heavy smelll of vicks,olbas oil & sweat,everyone accepted for what they are,no mention of sexual orientation,colour,creed,politics or religion .......possible raid by the local police.

That kind of traditional?? ....coz I could go for that!

But I'd hazard a guess that those of a drug induced state of euphoria would be perceived as demons and those of a same sex orientation would be perceived abominations and therefore not welcome at your 'Rave' ......unless of course they were willing to accept their sins and the wrong path they are on and to stop their sinful ways,ask for forgiveness,ask God to come into their life and join you on your righteous Christian path.

To deny the above would be hypocritical given the Christian mindset,this isn't a cheap dig btw,this is an honest observation from my experience with a certain Christian group.

See I've attended some Christian organised events,family days,picnics,birthday parties & weddings and I've seen how the 'slight undercurrent' works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

coming out of retirement for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Its all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt! If we are promoting young Irish Djing talent and creating a bit of Christian awareness at the same time sure then where's the harm in that

what's the harm in promoting one of the most poisonous horrible things known to man (christianity)?
    Oh where do I start?

Christian awareness? We're all more than aware of what Christianity is. It's an intolerant, homophobic, sexist, archaic, nonsensical, controlling, ignorance-glorifying, child molester sheltering, frankly retarded set of beliefs derived from one particular strain of Middle Eastern mythology that has set this country back about 200 years.

The thing is, I'd normally call troll on this, but having met some of your types in the past, I'm not ruling out that this is, in fact, legitimate idiocy and not a wind up.

Stall the ball. Are you telling me it's all a myth? Like evolution?

Hahaha, here we go.

Creationist's v Evolutionist's

Round 1....... Ding ding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

im 99.5% positive this must be a piss take, christian techno ffs, theres nothing holy in techno or dance music in general, your either a chin stroking nerd or a spasticated mangler or somewhere in between, theres no room for religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

just looked at the website haha

deffo a piss take

I'll allow the Christians to have Trance but they sure as hell aint taking Techno, no sir-ee no way.

As I'd mentioned before I know a reasonably well known Detroit Techno producer who happens to be Christian, but it's Techno and it's instrumental and what the hell and I can enjoy it for what it is, pretty OK Techno. Check out Luke Hess if you don't know his stuff.
    But the concept of Christian Techno is pretty farcical on so many levels but mostly because it's taking something big and brilliant and turning it into something akin to a folk mass which is musically awful.

God told me that the OP is joking.

Thing is, if you google 'Christian Techno' you find lots of results to various websites and tracks on youtube that are 'techno' with a Christian theme - I won't dare post the track I landed on, I had to stick blunt things into my ears afterwards to cleanse them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

christian-troll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jaysis lads, why are yis all taking this so serious? It's obviously a p1sstake

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Illegal substances been bought & sold,hardcore drug referenced music thumping out over the crowd,heightened state of euphoria brought on by the mix of the music,the drugs,the togetherness,the air filled with the heavy smelll of vicks,olbas oil & sweat,everyone accepted for what they are,no mention of sexual orientation,colour,creed,politics or religion .......possible raid by the local police.

That is pretty much what you can expect (bar the possible police raid).
    Just want to emphasize that this is a rave event first and foremost and any religious undercurrent will be naturally intrinsic given the location and context

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Ah will there be any doves?

I'm there man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

bob u sure you aint this guy?

jtsuited wrote: »
    what's the harm in promoting one of the most poisonous horrible things known to man (christianity)?
    Oh where do I start?

Christian awareness? We're all more than aware of what Christianity is. It's an intolerant, homophobic, sexist, archaic, nonsensical, controlling, ignorance-glorifying, child molester sheltering, frankly retarded set of beliefs derived from one particular strain of Middle Eastern mythology that has set this country back about 200 years.

The thing is, I'd normally call troll on this, but having met some of your types in the past, I'm not ruling out that this is, in fact, legitimate idiocy and not a wind up.

Im with you for once JT, bar the part where someone being retarded because they have been hoodwinked by a very controlling & extermeley organised cult.
    uberalles wrote: »
    Ah will there be any doves?

I'm there man

Doves being a sign of peace & all that:D

We had a Rave in the hellfire club a few times, does that mean it had an undercurrent of evil?

• Advertisement
Advertisement