Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requesting information about you from adoption agency/HSE

• 30-04-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭trixy

Hi Phoenix

Adopted people are excluded from FOI Act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, if your files are with the HSE you can apply under freedom of information, any details about your birthmother will be blocked out. I applied and got my records under FOI, it is mainly information on your birth and weight and when you got your BCG etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Julie_S

Phoenix wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to get their information held on file by going under the data protection and FOI acts respectively?
    I would be interested in obtaining my non identifying information first,then looking to get information on my birth parents etc
    anyone been through this or similar?

Hi Phoenix,

6 to 8 weeks ago I requested my background medical information. I rang the adoption authority of Ireland and they gave me a number for my local HSE adoption agency in Cork who would have my information. (not sure whereabouts you are from but I presume you would have a facility like this). Last Tuesday week I got a call from SW asking me to meet her on the Wednesday. I did and she had only minimal medical info - basically that my birth mother had low iron and pregnancy related conditions. I got my weight, descriptions of what my birth parents looked like and what their personalities and interests were, my name given to me at birth, her name and where I had been fostered to before I went to my parents. However, I also was told that she had died at a young age 10 years ago and that she also placed 3 other children after me for adoption and also that my birth father wasn't named.
    This came as a huge shock and I am still trying to deal with all of this. As I said I only requested my basic medical history and have been hit with all of this now.
    I suppose the reason I am writing this is to make you aware of the fact that making the request could lead to you finding out a lot more than what you were expecting to hear and just make sure that you are ready to deal with getting more info than you asked for cos I certainly wasn't

Advertisement